Nine friends went on a diving vacation June 23rd-30th 2012 to Ramon's Village on Ambergris Caye. The resort picked us up along with all our gear,from Tropic Air, which is just a few blocks away. The staff, bartenders and waiters were charming and helpful. The thatched hut rooms are really cool and everything is closeby...dive shop, pool, restaurant and bar. The resort is on the beach and has a a lovely, tropical ambience.
We went out to the dock everyday at 9am and headed out on a small but comfortable boat (just us). The dive sites were only 10-20 minutes away and then we came back to the reosrt for our "surface interval". Most of us only did two dives a day but a third was always available, as well as a trip to the Blue Hole. I didn't go on that excursion because of the expense and the distance. The water was warm, calm and clear, although the previous three weeks there had been very ugly weather, so we were lucky. We saw turtles, rays and lots of nurse sharks who were very lively, swimming around us, looking for a Lionfish "treat". Lionfish are invading the reef there and are threatening the ecosystem, so they are speared and fed to the nurse sharks. FUN!! We loved our captain and dive guide, Ricky Martin and Adolfo, who were with us all six days. The diving there is nice, like most Caribbean desinations.
After diving, lunch and belikins (local beer) in the outdoor restaurant/bar! There are also beach chairs right on the water under the palm trees! A few minutes walk down the beach are numerous casual restaurants and bars. We also found a massage tent on the beach and got a fabulous massage for only $40 (us). Ramon's spa charges $120. Every night we found a new restaurant within walking distance...fresh, local cuisine and lots of yummy seafood at mostly reasonable prices. Lobster was often $35 (us) or more.
One afternoon we rented a golf cart from Ramons for four hours ($45) and it was fun to drive around and see the rest of the island. A couple of afternoons my boyfriend found some locals to play volleyball with, right on beach. The people there are so friendly!
Everything about our trip and the resort was just perfect! No complaints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramon's Village Resort is the premiere beach resort in San Pedro, Belize featuring authentic Palm Thatched Cabanas, fabulous beach, lagoon style pool, Ramon's Village Divers scuba diving center, Pineapples Restaurant, Tropic Al's and the Tiki Turtle Trading Company. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Ramon's Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramon`s Village Hotel San Pedro
- Ramons Village Hotel
- Ramons Village Belize
- Ramons Village San Pedro
- Ramon's Village Resort Belize/San Pedro