“Friends in paradise!!!”

Ramon's Village Resort
Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I went to Ramon's in February with four of my best friends. Words can't express the beauty of this place!!! I felt very safe, and was greeted the moment we arrived. We truly felt like royalty the minute we got there.I loved staying in the cabanas with thatched roofs. We had fresh tropical flowers in the room everyday. It was very different than any other place I have ever stayed. The staff was very friendly and went above and beyond to make our trip one to remember .One of the girls had a birthday and they brought her a birthday cake to the table. Another couple there was celebrating their anniversary and they took them champagne and the live band played them a song to dance to. It was as if they wanted to make everyone's trip special. We went snorkling and took a boat ride. The instructors were amazing with all the stories and history of everything. We also had spa treatment right on the beach. It was great!!! I ate something different every meal and every dish was awesome!! The watermelon juice and all the fruit was like no other. The view of the water was gorgous!! I highly recommend this resort to anyone at any age. I rate this resort excellent in every way.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sdjohnson

Reviewed May 31, 2011

I visited Belize with my 4 best friends!!!! It was so beautiful!!! The Authentic thatched-roof cabanas where so unique!!! The food at Ramon's was amazing!!! The service of the staff was the best!!! They remember your name and continously smile and try to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Located right on the beach!!Great views!!!
Great food!! I can't really comment on the breakfast, because I was sleeping in!!!
Steak, Chicken & Shrimp on a stone – unique, fun & delicious!!!The pastry chef made a birthday cake for my friend!!!Chef Rommy came to our table to meet us!!!The staff prepared food for our plane ride home!!!
My favorite was the Beach Spa!!! Maybe the best massage yet!! Thank you to all of you that made our trip so wonderful!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank shannon2_ishee
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We went to Belize for a dive vacation and it was everything we hoped for. Our dive crew, Palma, Will, and Rolando, were absolutely the best. They always had our gear ready to go and made sure we had a great time. My wife and I are definitely going to be heading back to Ramon's in the future. Excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 31, 2011

My dive shop, Adventure SCUBA in Virginia, scheduled a trip to this resort. We had a fantastic time. The diving was phenomenal, the resort itself was great and the staff friendly. We loved it so much we are already planning to return next year.

We would like to mention that Palma, Rolando(ito), Will, Adolfo, and Felipe, and Rick at the dive shop were fantastic and took great care of us on the trip. If you dive through the resort you will not go wrong with them leading you.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank NOVARick
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Ramon's Village was the highlight of my trip to Belize. We chose it after a well-traveled friend's recommendation and could not have been happier. The grouds are gorgeous and immaculate (especially the lagoon-style pool), the staff was courteous and attentive, and the beach was by far the best I saw in San Pedro. We stayed in a Seaside room (I was a little worried about the previous noise complaints in the Garden view rooms) and still had a nice, yet distant, view of the Sea from the front porch. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever about noises, bugs, or AC, and I LOVED the look and feel of the single thatch-roofed cabins compared to the condo-style resorts seen elsewhere on the island.

We booked the Lamanai Ruins Tour and Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley Snorkel through Ramon's and I highly recommend both tours. We were very pleased with the enthusiastic and knowledgable guides. I also enjoyed snokeling around the dock of the dive shop, quite a little reef they have growing there.

I found that the restaurant was not nearly as bad as previously mentioned, their Hol Chan breakfast was great (get it with the fry jacks!) and chicken tenders and seafood ceviche make a great quick lunch. Jack was a fantastic waiter which made the meals that much better!

I'll never forget the beauty of Ramon's (I must have taken 100 pictures of the resort alone!) and how welcome the staff made me feel while I stayed there and would recommend it to anyone visiting San Pedro.

Room Tip: Ask for a thatch-roofed single cabin!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank AggieGal00
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I visited Ramon's Village in June of 2004 on my senior trip. I traveled with 4 of my friends and 3 of our moms. It was a fantastic trip! It was much more than we had imagined. We went out snorkeling several times and the water was beautiful. The entire staff was friendly and eager to help us with anything we needed. We ate almost every one of our meals at Ramon's and it was always delicious! I had such a great time on my trip in 2004 that I returned in 2010 with some other friends. This time, most everything had been remodeled and it was even more beautiful than the first time. I was able to spend lots of time relaxing in a hammock on the beach. Again, the snorkeling was awesome and we got to see several sharks and rays. The restaurant was still very good and there were lots of new and improved choices on the menu. The staff was as nice as always. I will definitely be making more trips to Belize and I will always stay at Ramon's Village!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank LEL6411
Reviewed May 7, 2011

This was our first time to go to Belize, and we had a fantastic time! It was our honeymoon, and we stayed in a seaside room at Ramon's Village Resort.
First of all, the view from the room is breathtaking, and you literally are right on the beach so just a few feet away from crystal clear water. The staff is super friendly and helpful, and they will do just about anything to help you have the best experience possible. The resort's restaurant offered some of the best food on the whole island. We got the package that included prepaid breakfasts each morning, and we were never disappointed.
The scenery around Ramon's is amazing. Beautiful, lush tropical plants and flowers are everywhere. It is like stepping into a Mayan jungle paradise right off the shore. The location is perfect. You can walk into town and down the beach in no time. And most tours will pick you up right off the resort's pier. And there's even free snorkeling right off the dock where you can see thousands of gorgeous fish within a short walk of your room.
On Tuesday, there was an authentic barbecue with live music. I had the barbecue red snapper (delicious), and my wife had steak on a stone (the steak is actually cooked on a hot stone right in front of you). It was a great and tasty experience.
All in all the trip was wonderful, and I would suggest Ramon's to anyone traveling to Belize.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple