First, the good - the hotel beach had to be one of the best on the island. The beach was the cleanest with the least amount of seagrass and a wonderful view of cabanas at ends of piers. Its location to town center was also excellent, another personal must haves for us.
This review is only regarding Garden View rooms. We did not stay at one of the units up against the wall, but all I can say is the room is ridiculously loud. We can hear the planes taking off, the trucks driving by on Coconut Drive (the floor would vibrate too), including the golf carts and whatever else drove or walked by.
We did not eat at the restaurant but the service from the Purple Parrot Cafe whilst on the beach was excellent. In general, service at the front desk was pretty good as they provide a safe at the front desk, fresh beach towels whenever you need, and transportation to and from the airport - though it was only a few minutes walk away. They do nickel and dime you, such as asking them to check us in on-line, they were going to charge us for the internet fees.
The room/hotel ambience was very island-ish with thatched roofs and we had individual cabanas with our own little deck but our roof had a leak and the water also leaked in under the door. It's a small leak when the torrential rains came but still, you don't expect that for the money you paid. As someone had put in a previous review, the rooms were a little grubby and dirty. There were cracks in between the walls, and little bugs flying everywhere. As a side note, we also stayed at the Sunbreeze where we got a deluxe room for $20 cheaper with much more amenities (fridge, cable tv) and much cleaner and quieter. Also, Ramon's does not have tvs at all - I know I know, we didn't fly here to watch tv but it is a nice way to unwind at night.
The pool was set in a nice tropical environment but we did not see one person using the pool the entire time we were there and the water was cold too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramon's Village Resort is the premiere beach resort in San Pedro, Belize featuring authentic Palm Thatched Cabanas, fabulous beach, lagoon style pool, Ramon's Village Divers scuba diving center, Pineapples Restaurant, Tropic Al's and the Tiki Turtle Trading Company. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Ramon's Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramon`s Village Hotel San Pedro
- Ramons Village Hotel
- Ramons Village Belize
- Ramons Village San Pedro
- Ramon's Village Resort Belize/San Pedro