We enjoyed our stay at Mata Rocks. The staff members were helpful, though we sometimes had trouble tracking them down as they moved around the property. If we did not find them in the office we most often found them working at the beach bar. They made the arrangements for our snorkeling trips and our tour of a local Mayan site.
Our room was clean and we paid the extra $10 for the second floor room with a balconey. Definitely worth the cost. Breakfast was included and consisted of sweet rolls, bread for toast, orange juice and coffee or tea.
If you are used to traveling in the US and Europe, there are some things about this hotel you should know. None of these are negative in my mind, only different from what we expected.
First, there was no phone in our room. There was a phone in the office, but the office was not always open. There was a payphone across the street from the hotel.
Second, the shower head was set quite low, so we had to duck under it to use it. The water pressure was low, and the hot water was not always hot, and usually took a couple of minutes to arrive.
Third, while the hotel says it has internet access, this is not available in the rooms. There is a PC in the office that guests can use, and the rate while we were there was $2 Belize for 10 minutes.
These are things we wished we had known before we booked our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro