Mata Rocks is a simple, casual place. The standard pool rooms are perfect for 2. Air conditioned, great windows with cross breeze, fan. We had a tv that we never used. Rooms have a safe, closet, ample furniture, huge shower - s--- water pressure though!
The rooms are around the pool, which is small but there was no one using and the hotel was at capacity. I was a bit anxious being next to the pool for noise / privacy but the bar on the beach closes at 9pm so it is quiet. The office / bar / staff can all assist with activity planning if needed (we had a dive package) Fresh beach towels available, two hammocks, and several lawn chairs for lounging. Several bar stools, and regular beach chairs for relaxing. This is a simple decor resort and the beach area is not expansive but matches the guest ratio perfectly. This is on the south end of the island, 20 mins to the furthest north point. The beach area is quiet and not crowded like the north end. The south end is beachy, the north end is messy, busy with vendors, etc. The staff was polite and very helpful - many repeat guests were there. There is a dock for boats to pick up guests. It is safe to walk around the caye at night. Also, there is no restaurant onsite, but the bar has toast and fruit for breakfast, and several lunch items for purchase. The dining immediate in the area far exceeded expectations - meat was wonderful at El Divinos next door and Rico's two doors down had fresh Stone crab. I fully recommend this place and would return. After walking and visiting the other hotels, it confirmed that my research has never let me down!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro