Just outside of the main, busy and loudest area of San Pedro. It was a great location easy to walk to food and bars but not too loud.
I cannot remember one staff member that was not happy, smiling, helpful or accommodating. It can be difficult to find a staff member at the bar or office at times as they seem to work between the two places.
A great oasis after our last few room experiences. We stayed in room number one. It overlooked the gorgeous pool, the bar and the beach. Nothing like an ocean view! The room was clean, bed comfortable and had a neat vaulted ceiling. The linens were adequate. The room also has a small fridge and microwave but no dishes or cutlery but the staff could provide me with utensils when I asked. The bathroom was clean and and plenty of warm water at all hours. The only strange thing is the shower was kind of designed for a midget.
I only tried the free breakfast. The fruit was delicious and juice good. The pastries or bread were ok. One day there were a bunch of bees swarming the pastries but otherwise no complaints. The dirty banana drink was delicious at the bar.
The pool was cleaned every morning and was refreshing. The beach and sand were raked everyday. And all outside patio areas and stairs to rooms were cleaned everyday several times. They even painted while we were there.
Overall I would happily stay again. And they even paid for the cab to the resort and back from the water taxi. A great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro