Our family and our friends' family stayed over Christmas week at Mata Rocks. It’s a clean, nicely maintained hotel located approximately 25 minute walk from the center of San Pedro. The hotel pays for taxi transfers from and to the San Pedro airport.
Our friends stayed at Ocean View Pool Deck Room 9 on the first floor. The room had two double beds, TV, A/C, small refrigerator, and a coffeemaker. Our Ocean View Junior Suite S2 on the second floor was more spacious, had a comfortable king size bed, convertible sofa, small kitchenette with a round table and two chairs, TV, A/C, and a small balcony (with two chairs and a table) overlooking the pool and the ocean. The beach never felt crowded even during Christmas week, chairs and hammocks were always available; the view from the beach is very peaceful and really lovely.
All the bookings and communications were done by emails that were timely and affectively answered. The hotel provides complementary bicycles for your use during you stay.
We shopped at a local Marina’s Market(?) nearby and at nice and clean South Market for yogurt, eggs, and cheese that were great addition to the daily breakfast, and I loved the fruits and vegetables stand, probably another minute walk toward the town from the Markets. The friendly stand owner helped me to choose a ripe papaya and an excellent pineapple. We made coffee with daily complementary package; it was weak but better than coffee at breakfast. If you like strong coffee, I suggest to bring both the coffee and the filters with you. We had lunch a few times across the street at Robin's Kitchen; the juicy grilled chicken is excellent and price couldn’t be beaten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro