after going to Mata Chica for 7 years ....it is like coming home to us . This year the plans for change were complete...new casitas each in their own special color and decor...a beautiful pool and spa.... beautiful art work hung in just the right place ....everything done in the upmost of care and taste to keep the flavor of Mata Chica ... This beautiful jewel works its magic on you from the second you are greeted at the airport in San Pedro. Either Chris or Charlie or Aner or Henry, the boat captains, will meet you and take you to the dock to board the Mambo.. arriving at Mata Chica a staff member waits for you and escorts you into the resort, waiting for you is any drink of your choice along with a warm towel to freshen up . After a very brief sign in you are shown to your casita and any questions responded to. Kick off those shoes put on your comfy clothes and your on Belizian time ....Gricel the manger is is so very kind, thoughtful and professional he will see that Mata Chic is always at its very best for you . Joel and Andrea and Anita will arrange anything you want ..like places to go and thing to do. All you have to do is ask and it is done with beautiful Belizian smiles . and The Mambo restaurant .... every meal that comes from Chef Reynaldo's kitchen is beyond yummie ...and pretty . The dinning room it self is delightful in style but what makes it perfect is Mayra and Abi ,Ruben Isdora and Adam .Just thinking about them makes me feel happy . They take care of you in such warmth and grace . And there is Jose and Israel who will serve you whatever your hearts desire from the well stocked bar ...they mix The Most Wonderful fruit drinks. Carolina and her crew keep your casita fresh and delightful with fresh flowers and the bath towels arranged in a charming fashion . The person whom you talk to about reservations most likely will be Burga . She is without a doubt the most Beautiful person inside and out there is to know .My husband and I are privileged to call these People Family ..... I tell you it does not get better than Mata Chica .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro