“Fabulous in every way - the accommodations, the food and the staff were all wonderful”

Matachica Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed November 21, 2010

My husband and I are just back from a week at Matachica and we wished we could have stayed longer. The accommodations are wonderful and the setting is spectacular. Just a few step outside your beachfront cottage and you are in the Caribbean Sea. The staff is friendly and attentive and knew us be name by the end of the first day. The food is terrific and there is much to do and a gorgeous beach and beautiful pool to lie around and do nothing as well. We cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Matachica for our honeymoon in August and it was perfect! We stayed in Pineapple, one of the beachfront casitas. We chose matachica because of all the rave reviews on tripadvisor and we loved the idea of having our own casita on the beach. The food at the mambo restaurant was fabulous! We chose the honeymoon package and the dinner that was included (appetizer, meal, dessert & wine) was more food than we could eat! I was worried that we would grow tired of eating at the same restaurant but we never did, we tried almost everything on the menu. We ate two dinners away from the resort, one at Wild Mangos in San Pedro which i definitely recommend and the other at Portofino which was ok, but not as good as Mambo.
Our package came with a couples massage that we booked for the first day and it was so relaxing we ended up scheduling another for the last day of our trip!
We took quite a few day trips and they were all great, but our favorite by far was a private fishing/snorkeling charter. It even included a private beach picnic! Matachica is great, they will work with you to plan any type of excursion you want to do. The staff is very flexible and willing to accomodate.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at Matachica for 2 days and had the most wonderful time. Matachica is 5 miles north of San Pedro, and you get back and forth via water taxi. While when I was booking the trip, I wasn't sure if I wanted to be that far away from San Pedro, when we arrived, I was so glad that we were away from San Pedro, which was way too touristy for my tastes. Once my boyfriend and I got to Matachica we stayed and didn't go anywhere else. It was so peaceful and relaxing there. Also, they upgraded us to a larger cabana with a hammock that was right on the beach with an unobstructed view of the ocean. They had kayaks and snorkel gear for us to use, and there was also a salt water pool that had an iguana that lives nearby. Please do yourselves a favor and go to this place.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We completely enjoyed our stay at Matachica. Our time was spent mostly relaxing on the beach, on our porch or by the pool - exactly what we wanted! It was a great place to unwind and enjoy eachother. The spa is fantastic - one of the best massages I have ever had!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I found a few photos of this resort on the conde nast website, and fell in love with the decor of this beautiful resort. I didn't know much about Belize, and once I decided that Matachica needs to be one of our destinations, we decided to book our trip from 3 nights and make it 8 nights! We arrived to Matachica in the middle of our trip coming from Cayo, and i was sooo excited to see what it really looked like! it was just as I imagined it! sooo beautiful, very beautiful decor, Moroccan influence. We got upgraded to an ocean bungalow suite!! Wow, just amazing!! thank you!! it was the tangerine room.. I loved it, it was our honeymoon after a yr of marriage and they made it sooo special. Unfortunately, the weather during our stay wasn't the best, but we still enjoyed the property, music and just relaxing. The water wasn't too pretty, since there was soo much seeweed. I would definitely come back, but will want to stay more than 3-4 nights. We didn't get to spend much time in San Pedro downtown, and I know it's great time there!

Love it! thank you!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Amazing staff, very friendly and helpful. Rooms are romantic, spacious and exclusive. Other guest were very aware of your personal space, others didn't come into the pool area if a couple was in there. Best food on the island was at the hotel! I had a banana facial that was out of this world. Rent a golf cart and travel back and froth form the hotel to the main city! It's fun to see the non-populated areas but be VERY careful at night. Bring lots of bug spray. Kids are not allowed to stay at the resort. We could not have dreamed up a more perfect place to have our honeymoon!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Matachica Resort was the most perfect place to honeymoon! My wife and I could not believe the high-level of service. Their food was absolutely incredible. It was the best eating experience of our lives. Everything on the menu was spectacular. The staff was very friendly and always helpful when we had questions. We will always cherish Matachica Resort as a place of peaceful elegance where you have the exclusive right to feel appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple