My husband and I went to Matachica last March 2009 for our honeymoon and had the time of our lives. The honeymoon package gave you so much for your money! The food is wonderful at the hotel - some of the best on the island. We saw people coming from other hotels to eat at the restaurant at night. We stayed in the Watermelon casita, and have continuously wished we were back in Watermelon for the last year! It was DIRECTLY on the beach and people still say they can't believe that our photos from our casita front porch are real. Staff was always wonderful, friendly, and very helpful. The bartender was the best (thanks for everything!, Oz!). We snorkeled off the dock and kayaked out to the reef. We went into town a few times to shop, eat at Wild Mangoes (very good ceviche), and watch the Chicken Drop at Pier Lounge. We went to the mainland to see Altun Ha. We snorkeled (and fell in love with it - my husband is dying to scuba dive now). There's just so much to do and see in Belize! But there was at least one day where we never left the grounds of Matachica. It's just so beautiful there you don't really want to leave. We wish we could come back again this year! Maybe we will see you all in a few years for an anniversary trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro