From the moment Captain Chris met us to take us by sea to the resort - we knew we were going to completely escape for six days. The resort sits north of san pedro town and the only access is by sea. The second largest barrier reef in the world is a short kayak ride away from your casita. The location is perfect for water activities of all kinds - sailing, snorkeling, diving in some of the best reef formations in the world. The sport fishing is legendary - and and when you are waterlogged you can head inland on a trip to explore Mayan ruins. After an exhausting day of diving or doing nothing, the staff cares for you like you are family. Every night we ate fresh local food prepared exquisitely in the hotel's restaurant - which gets a lot of traffic from folks staying at other resorts. The fish, chicken and pork are all exceptional.
The guests all stay in private casitas (book the beachfront casitas if you can) with bath and living area - and a private hammock and beach chairs. While there are other guests there - you feel completely alone most of the time. We sat out on the dock for sunrise and on the beach chairs to watch the full moon come up and we couldn't have been more relaxed.
The attractions are the scenary and activities - and your travel companion. There are no phones, no TV, only two computers in the main building, and not a lot of 'action.' That's what we wanted. It's heavenly for two people in love - would be purgatory if you are not getting along with your partner or get seasick - since the only way to get to matachica is by sea. Keep that in mind - and have a great trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro