My husband and I have just returned from 7 nights at the beautiful Matachica resort for my birthday. We had a truly amazing trip - the resort itself it gorgeous and the staff really make sure you have an brilliant stay. We stayed in the Grapefruit Casita - it was perfect. The resort is a boutique style property with a limited number of private Casitas to ensure the beach and pool are not overrun by guests. The sun beds on the pier were a brilliant way to spend the afternoon - swimming and relaxing.
The resort has bikes and other water sports available for guests to hire - you can go for a ride on the beach (in either direction) if you fancy lunch or an afternoon drink. We found the Jamben Jerk restaurant about 5 minute ride North on the beach - looks a little run down but the food was absolutely amazing. We visited a number of times to try various Jerk options and loved everything we had! Certainly worth a visit.
The resort is a 20min boat ride from San Pedro which really gave the feeling of being away from it all. There are plenty of boats (resort and Taxi) to give guests flexibility of going to and from town as after as they wish, however to be honest after one night in town we spent many more back in the resort as the Mambo restaurant was brilliant - amazing seafood and delicious specials.
All of the staff were incredibly helpful - specific mention must go to Burga in reservations (who was very helpful and informative), Mayra in the restaurant and Ever in the Bar provided excellent service at all times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro