My husband and I just spent a week enjoying Matachica. We couldn't have been happier there.
Since we chose Matachica based on reviews I want to gush for prospective guests.
First, the atmosphere was beyond beautiful. We stayed in Plum, right on the beach. It was perfect, beautiful, airy, comfortable. With our doors open we could see the beach from our bed. The restaurant and reception area are lovely, a wonderful blend of casual and fancy. The beach is gorgeous, clean and inviting. The pool/hot tub area is well tended and completely beautiful. Every afternoon there were couples hanging out there chatting and lounging. One morning we got to the pool before the hot tub was turned on and someone dashed over to ask if we wanted it on, without us even asking. Included in our package was one dinner on our front porch. It was romantic and gorgeous and everything we could have wanted!
Also, the staff was unbelievably competent, friendly and accommodating. They absolutely took a beautiful experience and made it exquisite. Irene and Anita at the front desk were so helpful! We tried to make a deep sea outing a few times, but due to inclement weather it was not in the cards for us. However, the amazing staff never stopped working with us to rearrange outings so we could have the time of our lives! The waitstaff were also incredibly helpful and friendly. Yara, Jose, Israel, Amy, and everyone were always courteous, and often went above the call of duty, to the extent of getting me soda from town when they didn't carry it in the bar. We miss them! We had spa treatments and our masseuses were talented, friendly and courteous, the spa is WELL worth a visit!
Then there are the excursions. We went reef fishing twice, the first trip was a bust, but the second was amazing, I reeled in a barracuda! Then the kitchen cooked our catch up for us for lunch, that was amazing!! Tino took us out that day and I highly recommend him! We also took the trip to Lamani. Our guides, Junior and Gus were great fun guys! The actual visit to the ruins was breathtaking, the getting there and back LONG. I would say there is 3 times as much travel as sight seeing in that trip, still worth it for me, but know your day is mostly boats and buses! We also went snorkeling with Chris. There are not words to describe how lovely that was. It was a perfect outing, I couldn't recommend it more!
You don't have to go on excursions to enjoy Matachica. The beach is gorgeous with chairs and comfy spots everywhere. The pool is a fun place to cool off (or warm up in the hot tub). The pier even has super comfortable couches to lounge on, or just jump off and swim or snorkel right there!! The food is incredible, fresh and wholesome. And every staff member I was lucky enough to chat up was friendly, interesting and knowledgeable.
I couldn't recommend Matachica more. We have already made a pact with another couple we met there to return for our five year anniversary!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro