Ummm..... this place is nothing short of amazing! We celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary in Belize and our ONLY regret- not spending more time here! I'm not even sure how to write a review about this place.
1. We stayed in the ocean view cottages. Each cottage is decorated in a different color. The rooms were perfect- full of windows for the breeze or AC if you seriously needed it. The shower water was always hot and felt great after being in the salt water all day. The beds were SOO comfy! We had to force ourselves to get up! Turn down service was the perfect way to end our day.
2. Food- Food was amazing! Reasonably priced and well worth it. It is nice to stay at the resort, but I encourage you to take the water taxi into town which is a 10 minute boat ride and enjoy some local flavors. Breakfast is included with most packages. Its good, but could use a little help- It includes toast, banana bread, hard boiled egg, and fruit. We ordered some scrabbled eggs and beacon to go with it, and it did the trick.
3. Staff- AMAZING! They were always calling us by name and always asked how we were doing. They continued to go out of their way to make us happy and feel like we were the only ones at the resort.
4. **Excursions- My advice to you- GO REEF FISHING AND SNORKELING HOL CHAN! I can't say that enough- GO REEF FISHING AND SNORKEL HOL CHAN! We decided to go with the resort reef fishing with some friends. Chris was a great captain. After we caught our 19 fish, the resort cooked them for us buffet style- fish and chips, blacked, fish tacos, and with garlic. It was AMAZING! We decided not to scuba dive on this trip and snorkel Hol Chan and we couldn't be more happy! We saw more on this trip then we did ever scuba diving. This canal is filled with fish, sea turtles, eels, sharks and sting rays. Go snorkel HOL CHAN. We loved it. We were told the Blue Hole is a trophy dive. Basically you swim in a hole with maybe a few sharks. So we saved the 500.00 per couple and spend 120.00 per couple to see Hol Chan. We were so excited we did.
My husband isn't a big traveler and before we left he was talking about coming back here- which he NEVER does. You will not be disappointed with MataChica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro