Our stay at the Matachia has been very pleasant. Our room though off the beach (we were in the Passion Fruit cabana) was beautiful, clean, simple & luxurious. The infinity pool was very nice, the grounds kept clean and the sand raked throughout the day. The staff was exceptionally friendly & helpful in all circumstances. A small boutique resort I would recommend to anyone. Our excursions (snorkeling for instance) were better at the Matachia than the charters we took in San Pedro. The restaurant served excellent dinners, as good as any restaurant anywhere & the continental breakfast of 2 hard boiled eggs, two small cups of sweet fruit flavoured yogurt, a small slice of cheese & an assortment of fruit wedges, papaya, watermelon, pineapple, & half a banana. We chose not to indulge in cereal or the roll that was also offered. was light and provided us with a good start to the day. Wi-Fi in the cabins would have been nice but you can have W-Fi usually access basically anywhere in the lobby, lounge or restaurant. Though it is not always available. When we were there there can be some mosquities at night & in the morning. The resort is a distance from San Pedro (about a 20 minute boat ride) and if you don’t mind that than I can’t see you having anything but a positive stay at Matachia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, MrandMrsSmith, Orbitz, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro