We picked this hotel because we like smaller, intimate places with a bit of a personality and this hotel perfectly satisfied that criteria. From the very stylish arrival by speedboat, the staff looked after us fantastically and we felt relaxed and at home here.
We picked one of the Seaview Suites which I understand are 4 new cabanas and they are situated at the back of the property behind the swimming pool. Whilst not as glamorous as those directly on the beach, we liked them because there was no need for anybody to walk past our room. The cabana itself was beautiful - high quality linens, nice seating area, huge bathroom and lots of storage space for clothes, and generally really quite spacious. Rooms were serviced twice daily with clean towels and new floral decorations each day.
Despite the property being quite full while we were there, it never feels like it - loads of sun loungers on the beach and at the pool mean that you always have space.
There is a pool and beach service which isn't regular but we were always happy to walk to the bar and order if need be and drinks were immediately delivered.
The restaurant is very good although it does get busy with people from outside the property - however hotel guests are always accommodated without reservations.
We found all of the staff, from housekeeping to the watersports guys to the lovely receptionists to be absolutely fantastic - they really go out of their way to ensure you're having a good time and can't do enough for you.
I would not hesitate to go back to Matachica - in fact, despite the distance and the need to clear the tedious US immigration, I don't think I'd consider a Caribbean holiday anywhere else in the future. I can't see anywhere being better than this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro