After leaving Belmopan with tropic air (quite a scary flight!) and a 10 minutes boat ride, what a pleasant surprise to arrive at the beautiful Matachica Resort.
We stayed in a beachfront casita for 5 nights. It was windy when we where there so it made quite some noise but to open our door and see the turquoise sea every morning was so relaxing. The staff was helpful, friendly and caring. The food at the restaurant, the Mambo, was very good. We went with a pedal boat to the reef and snorkelled and did sea kayak. We walked on the beach (which outside the resort is quite dirty) to see other resorts and we think that matachica is definitely the best one in San Pedro!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro