“Divine Romantic Escape”

Matachica Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed September 25, 2007

My husband and I celebrated our two- year anniversary at this wonderful resort. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place. If you are looking for a romantic, secluded, friendly, and relaxed place to stay, this is the place for you. We did the 5 days 6 nights taste of paradise package, and upgraded to a beachfront casita. I have to say, it was well worth the extra price to be just a few feet away from the water. The rooms have shutters, which I found so great. You can close them for privacy, or open them to enjoy the view, and feel the Ocean’s breeze at any time of day. The all-inclusive package included breakfast and dinner. We decided to have this inclusion for 4 of the days, so we could eat on our own the rest of the days, but we ended up adding more meals, because the food was FABULOUS. Everything we ate was incredible, and the desserts were heavenly. Please try their chocolate soufflé and their key lime pie if you stay here…you are, after all, on vacation. My husband and I enjoyed lounging on the beautiful hammocks in front of our beachfront casita, as we took in the most surreal view. We also enjoyed kayaking to the reef to snorkel, and riding the hotel bikes to the other nearby resorts (bike 2 miles to Captain Morgan’s to have one of Charlie’s pina coladas. They were the best ever!). My husband really enjoys fishing, so it was great to see him enjoy himself at the hotel dock, as he fished with some of the employees and hotel guests (sometimes they fished in the day, but the party came alive as they fished at night!). There are no phones or TV's in the rooms, and you can really find yourself loosing track of the days and time, as you literally feel yourself decompress at this unreal place. I also highly recommend getting a massage at the spa. My husband and I thought it was well worth our time and money, and I can tend to be picky about massages. The staff was great, and they planned all or our excursions based upon what we wanted to do. Not having to plan these things was a stress reliever. We loved this place so much, that we decided to stay an extra day. My husband and I will definitely be going back to the Matachica soon. Don’t hesitate to book this place. I am one of those people, who look into every detail before I can make up my mind about staying at a place, and then I’m still unsure…but I can say that I have seen this place first hand, and you will not be disappointed!

Christine & Ross

#39 of 54 in San Pedro
Las Terrazas Resort
Las Terrazas Resort
#10 of 54 in San Pedro

Been to Matachica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Matachica Resort & Spa

Address: Beachfront | 5 miles north of San Pedro, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize (Formerly Matachica Beach Resort)
Location: Belize > Belize Cayes > Ambergris Caye > San Pedro
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool
#1 Luxury Hotel in San Pedro
#2 Spa Hotel in San Pedro
#4 Top resorts Hotel in San Pedro
#7 On the Beach Hotel in San Pedro
#7 Romantic Hotel in San Pedro
#22 Family Hotel in San Pedro
Price Range: $356 - $498 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Matachica Resort & Spa 4*
Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro