While this wasn't our first choice (ashamed to admit this) - we are so thankful and delighted with our stay at Victoria House. Our first choice was the Xandu (do not stay there) - so glad that we couldn't get a room for a full week without switching rooms. We stayed in a Plantation room at VH as the other accomdations were outside of our budget after all the diving we had planned. We were not at all disappointed with the Plantation Room (think regular 4 star American hotel room with the most amazing view).
Victoria House is a very well appointed property. With only 45 rooms/villas there are relatively fewer guest than most of the other resorts (major plus). With five pools and an abundance of white sandy beach we never felt crowded.
We checked out the Xandau and Pelican Reef - our two other choices. We found the pools to be much (very much) smaller than they appeared in the pictures. Additionally because the properties are high rise condos, more people were sharing a smaller single pool and less beach (at both properties). The Xandau appeared no where near the glory that it appears to be in the pictures (though we did not go in the rooms). Unlike the other two -Victoria House completely lives up to the pictures and leave of service expected of such a property.
The staff and Victoria House were excellent in assisting with other transportation and dinner reservations. Repeat guest also earn a 10% discount on their next stay!
Cheers to the Victoria House!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Victoria House, the order of the day is quite simply relaxation… Located on Ambergris Caye, the largest of the many offshore Belizean Islands, Victoria House is just 2 miles south of picturesque San Pedro Town. The resort offers a taste of barefoot elegance that keeps guests coming back for more. With just 42 guest rooms ranging in style from thatch roof casitas to beachfront villas with private pools, plantation style rooms and stunning ocean view villas, the only challenge is making the choice of where to hang your swimsuit at night. The Palmilla Restaurant and Admiral Nelsons Bar are renowned for fine food and drink complimented by extraordinary, personalized service. Attention to detail by staff and management alike has garnered accolades from international media and awards from prestigious organizations such as Conde Nast Traveler, Conde Nast Johansens and Trip Advisor. Even more telling is the number of guests who chose to make Victoria House their destination of choice, year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Victoria House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria House Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria House Belize/San Pedro
- Victoria San Pedro