We stayed at Victoria House the second week of our honeymoon and it was the best way to end the vacation. The location was great and the staff was very friendly.
We stayed in eastern Belize the first week and did the adventures while there. It was really nice to come to Victoria House to have the rest and relaxation part of the trip. Ambergris really doesn't have a lot of great beachfront but the area in front of Victoria House was the best we saw.
We originally had a Casita and they are very intimate and romantic. However, we upgraded to an Infinity Suite, which is a 2 story room over kitchen/living room. These are great if you are staying for a week or so as you can go shopping and then cook a few meals or have breakfast in your room. The kitchen was appointed with new cabinets, granite countertops and stainless appliances. The only complaint we had was that there seemed to be an ant problem along the back wall/counter of the kitchen that was hard to rectify. It was not too big an impact though we did not cook because of it. We may not have cooked anyway but I would not say that the ant problem ruined our stay.
Both pools are very nice. There is a traditional pool near the restaurant and the bar and then an infinity pool by the suites. We spent time at both.
You can rent golf carts to travel around and they have free bikes. The walk to the 'downtown' area is about 20-25 mins.
There is a 'shack' on their pier where you can schedule all of your activities. We scheduled up snorkeling at Shark Ray Alley and Hol Chan and then also did a half day of fishing. When we brought back all the snapper we caught that day the guide cleaned the fish for us and the kitchen cooked it up for our dinner that night.
The food onsite is pretty good, but not super. We ate their 6 of our 7 nights. We HIGHLY recommend the Seafood Cake appetizer and the English Muffins at breakfast are made onsite and are incredible (more like a buttermilk biscuit). The wait staff and bartenders are very friendly and helpful. GREAT attitudes.
Not too far from the resort is a lagoon where you can see crocs (as close as 5 feet away) at sunset. That was pretty cool.
We miss the place and would go back in an instant. Please note we are very picky about cleanliness, friendliness and nice beds and this place did not disappoint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Victoria House, the order of the day is quite simply relaxation… Located on Ambergris Caye, the largest of the many offshore Belizean Islands, Victoria House is just 2 miles south of picturesque San Pedro Town. The resort offers a taste of barefoot elegance that keeps guests coming back for more. With just 42 guest rooms ranging in style from thatch roof casitas to beachfront villas with private pools, plantation style rooms and stunning ocean view villas, the only challenge is making the choice of where to hang your swimsuit at night. The Palmilla Restaurant and Admiral Nelsons Bar are renowned for fine food and drink complimented by extraordinary, personalized service. Attention to detail by staff and management alike has garnered accolades from international media and awards from prestigious organizations such as Conde Nast Traveler, Conde Nast Johansens and TripAdvisor. Even more telling is the number of guests who chose to make Victoria House their destination of choice, year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Victoria House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria House Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria House Belize/San Pedro
- Victoria San Pedro