My wife and I stayed at the Victoria House at the end of February 2014, after having spent a week at the Hamanasi Resort in Hopkins, Belize. The Victoria House has lovely grounds, a beautiful beach, well-appointed rooms, and excellent food at the restaurants on the premises. The staff is attentive and professional.
We do have a few minor criticisms that would make a very good experience a great one. At check-in, we were given a brief tour of the resort. There was some confusion if our room was ready. The staff person left us standing for quite a while as he checked our room status. Unfortunately, the place we were left had no seats and it was a bit uncomfortable.
At the Hamanasi, the staff makes an effort to learn every guests name. The Victoria House is larger, but the staff acted much more reserved, although there were a few exceptions. The personal touch was a bit lacking in our opinion, at least in comparison to our several experiences in Belize previously - this was our first visit to San Pedro.
The Victoria House works with a local dive operation, but arranges equipment rentals on the premises. The dive shop is quite good. I dove with them twice and snorkeled along with my wife once. We had a wonderful time. My only suggestion is that Victoria House arrange for storage of guests' dive/snorkeling equipment, even if there is an additional fee. We had to bring our wetsuits, masks and fins back to the room after each excursion and try to clean them in the shower or sink. This is less than optimal. Full service dive resorts often manage this for their guests.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay at Victoria House. Having the reef so close was very nice; however, we missed the personal touch we have enjoyed on each of our visits to Hamanasi. If you are going to Ambergris, this would be a great place to stay; however, if your travel plans are more flexible, consider the many other options in this amazing country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Victoria House Resort & Spa, the order of the day is quite simply relaxation… Located on Ambergris Caye, the largest of the many offshore Belizean Islands, Victoria House is just 2 miles south of picturesque San Pedro Town. The resort offers a taste of barefoot elegance that keeps guests coming back for more. With just 42 guest rooms ranging in style from thatch roof casitas to beachfront villas with private pools, plantation style rooms and stunning ocean view villas, the only challenge is making the choice of where to hang your swimsuit at night. The Palmilla Restaurant and Admiral Nelsons Bar are renowned for fine food and drink complimented by extraordinary, personalized service. Attention to detail by staff and management alike has garnered accolades from international media and awards from prestigious organizations such as Conde Nast Traveler, Conde Nast Johansens and TripAdvisor. Even more telling is the number of guests who chose to make Victoria House their destination of choice, year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Victoria House Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria House Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria House Belize
- Victoria San Pedro
- Victoria House Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro