Victoria House Resort & Spa
$170
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$166
$126
SunBreeze Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$220
Banyan Bay Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$360
$236
$280
  • Breakfast included
Banana Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Breakfast included
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$192
  • Pool
El Secreto(San Pedro)
$420
$349
  • Pool
$329
1,451 results
All reviewsplantation roomour honeymooninfinity suiteadmiral nelsonnelson's barpalmilla restaurantromance packageambergris cayedive shopin towngolf cartmain restaurantchaa creekgrounds are immaculateprivate poolbeautiful propertyfish
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I recently returned from a wonderful time in Belize at the Victoria House. It was a first class operation. We were greated by VH personel as soon as we got off the plane. We were greeted and made to feel welcome by all the staff. We were given a welcome punch drink as we arrived..it was delicious. As we went to our "casita", everything about the casita and the resort was explained to us. The casita was great, to the left was an infinity pool, to the right was another deck and pool. In the center was a perfectly maintained yard with coconut palms, then a beautiful "CLEAN" white beach. Then of coarse the blue caribbean water. The beach was cleaned so well. It had padded lounges and my favorite, hammocks hung between palm trees. Speaking of hammocks the casita had one also. The casita was so comfortable and private. The food was the best on the island hands down. The whole honeymoon was a 5 star experience. Thank you Victoria House. We'll be
back.
Ro and Billie Jo

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roboat Y
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Really wonderful place! Accommodating staff, but can be very slow table service. Great food, beautiful setting. Only real complaint was the shower - poor water pressure and little hot water. We will definitely return!!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank NellieSouth
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Normally vacations makes me super happy, in some cases they make me feel just happy, but this was the first time a vacation made me angry. It was the ONLY time I experienced discrimination in general and at a resort no less. The irony was that it was by the staff of Creoles & non-white Caucasians like myself. Here's the rundown:

1) My wife and I arrived, went to the beach, then got questioned by the beach security guard whether we were guests at the hotel. Ok, not the typical welcome, but thought it was a fluke.
2) For drinks, waited 45 minutes for a waiter who we were told was coming, but never came. Ok, maybe just bad service.
3) For lunch, we were ignored while the other tables were served. When served, it was with an attitude. Ok a pattern is developing.
4) For Dinner, they told us the only table available in an otherwise empty restaurant was the back table. Ok, this is getting ridiculous
5) For Breakfast, my first & only encounter with the waitress Emily when I asked for a menu, was her shouting at me "in a minute." She then proceeded to give menus to another couple who sat down after me, took their orders and delivered their drinks, all before giving me a menu. When I asked for a 2nd menu for my wife who was to join me, she walked away without a word. Ok, I don't need this on a vacation nor in general in my life.

We told management what happened and they were very understanding & said they'd look into it. We cut our vacation short there by two days, VH refunded us our money for those 2 days, and we went to our next resort "Cabanas Tulum" in Tulum, Mexico. Upon arrival we told the bartender what happened to us at VH. He took out 2 coconuts, chopped them open, made a special drink for us on the house, gave us a hug and said "Welcome Home." Ahh it truly was.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
17  Thank AdenTravelsALot
BrentKirkman, Manager at Victoria House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear AdenfromLA,

The familiar phrase “The Customer Is Always Right” is a sales slogan attributed to both Marshall Field and Harry Gordon Selfridge, successful early 20th Century entrepreneurs.

It’s a variation of Swiss hotelier Cesar Ritz’s exhortation to provide exemplary service to his guests, maintaining: “The customer is never wrong. If a diner complains about a dish or the wine, immediately remove it and replace it, no questions asked”.

These legendary businessmen set the bar high, and it’s a standard that the majority of successful service-oriented operations aspire to, even to this day.

It’s certainly the case at Victoria House, and just one of the reasons our guests (guests from all over the world, from every continent and from a multitude of religious, ethnic and cultural backgrounds) return, year after year, recommending us to their friends and associates.

Another reason is our employees; those familiar faces that meet and greet repeat guests and welcome first time visitors to the country and the place of work that they’re all so proud of.

When I became aware of the subject of this review, I spoke with members of this extended family and discovered that I work with an pretty normal cross section of the Belizean population: 50 Mestizos, 12 Ketchi and Mopan Maya, 4 Garifuna, 10 Creole, 5 East Indian/Spanish, and 2 others of mainly European descent. Interesting statistics, but not a subject that anyone pays much attention to here.

We agree with Cesar Ritz, the “king of hoteliers, and hotelier to kings”. If the fish is overcooked, or even if it’s cooked to perfection, at our guests request we’ll serve a new dish. If the wine is corked, or even if it’s a sublime example of the vintners art, at our guests request we’ll open a new bottle.

If a guest has a problem - of any sort - we’ll do our very best to remedy it.

As is the case with any business, we experience the occasional service issue. These (thankfully) rare events are all the more glaring considering our history of providing extraordinary service to our guests, and we take them all extremely seriously. Each and every one is reviewed with the management team and individual departments.

The suggestion that any service issues reported in this review had something to do with an employee (or quite a number of them) acting in a discriminatory manner due to the ethnicity or country of origin of a guest is simply devoid of merit.

Prejudice against an individual or group based on nothing more than skin colour, country of origin, ethnic background, religious beliefs or other differences, either real or imagined, is nothing short of willful ignorance. I’m proud to say that this is not part of either the Belize or the Victoria House experience and in fact, quite a foreign concept here. Behavior and attitude of this sort would be considered unacceptable by staff and management alike.

If a guest requests a refund, despite our clearly worded policy, we’ll give the request (or demand, as the case may be) full consideration and, based on individual circumstances, offer a solution.

Certainly the decision to give a full refund and facilitate an early departure is, in some cases, in the best interests of all parties involved.

To paraphrase Mssrs. Field, Selfridge and Ritz, whether it’s perfectly prepared grouper, a delightful glass of wine or warm, friendly staff, quite unaffected by the racial strife, tensions and neuroses that so beset other less-fortunate parts of the world, the customer is always right.

Even when they’re wrong.

Brent Kirkman GM

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed 4 nights at Victoria House. It is a stunning property with excellent service. Nice distance from town but quiet (one of the quietest places I have been). More convenient than North AC for dining options etc. We stayed in one bedroom infinity suite and it was very nice. Nice private terrace and even one in the back for sunset. Very long staircase up to the second level...would not be good for mobility issues. After looking at all the rooms undoubtedly the best in the Rainforest Suite which is right on the water. It is very popular but really a nice private set up where you can hear the water. That was the only thing I did not like about the infinity suites (all of them) is that the water is a distance. We ate at the restaurant (more formal) first night very good but we preferred the beach bar which also serves the same menu in a less formal setup very close to the water. Service at both was good. Had lunch there too and good. It was very windy while we were there but it seems like they have a full set of activities and can arrange anything you like. We took their golf carts and price was reasonable and it was fun...if not back-breaking!! Had massage on our terrace with Marissa and it was excellent. Highly recommend. We tried Hidden Treasure for dinner (they will pick you up and it is close) and it was very good. Went to Blue Water Grill and that was just okay. The pools at the hotel were great for swimming and we spent alot of time in them. Would highly recommend Victoria House for a very relaxing stay on AC with as much activity as you want. You could just stay there all day and be happy.

Room Tip: Go for the Rainforest Suite (there is only one)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank gene
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We spent 6 nights at Victoria House and would have liked to stay longer! Lovely location on the beach with long walks in either direction. Very clear water with rays and lots of other fish coming right up to the shore in search of food! Rooms extremely comfortable and when we asked to be moved as our room was a little noisy this request was immediately actioned. Staff are most helpful and food very good although we tended to go into town for dinner. Good choice of restaurants to choose from, all with excellent food. We did have lunch at the beach bar every day which was also excellent. We took advantage of the free bikes and enjoyed cycling into town, about a 10 minute ride away. Scuba diving was easy and can either be arranged by Victoria House or any local operator will collect you from the hotel's quay. No better place to stay in San Pedro.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple