My husband and I went to Belize and stayed at Victoria House for our honeymoon from August 12, 2012 - August 18th, 2012. We have both traveled a lot and wanted to go somewhere niether of us had been. We were looking for a smaller resort with great food, and a quiet, yet romantic atmosphere so we searched reviews on various places for weeks before making a final decision. It's scary to plan your honeymoon because you hear so many disaster stories sometimes but you want it to be the most perfect vacation ever. Thankfully, we were so pleasantly surprised with San Pedro, Belize and even more so with Victoria House as it lived up to every wonderful expectation we had for our honeymoon. This place looks exactly like the pictures on the website, only 100 times better in person.
It was paradise from the minute we pulled up to the front of the resort. We were greeted by a friendly staff with tropical drinks in hand for us. Manuel showed us to our room, the Infinite Suite, which overlooked an Infinite Pool and a lush grass area that led out to the beach. Our room was gorgeous, it was two stories with front and back balconies, an outdoor shower, two bedrooms and a full kitchen. We spent everyday either by the various pools or on the lounge chairs on the sand. The water is the most beautiful teal blue and there was almost always a cool breeze blowing so it never felt extremely hot. The resort staff care for this property impeccably. They rake up footprints in the sand from people walking, and at some points we saw them out on the grass evening it out with scissors. There are very few people trying to sell you items on the beach since it is so private, which is really nice to not be pestered when you are trying to relax. As we laid on the beach or by the pool evertday, we ordered appetizers or lunch and drinks from one of the friendly wait staff - Sharon was our favorite, she was always so happy and sweet. She intorduced us to a frozen coconut Mohito and a frozen Dirty Banana which were two of our favorites. Also the manager, Brent Kirkman, was very helpful, kind and sincere when we met with him. He made sure our stay was everything we hoped it would be; we were very impressed with the service he provided us.
There is one restaurant and one bar that both serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and appetizers in between. I have never in my life had food as amazing as what we experienced in Belize and at this resort. You would think that without having many restaurants you would get tired of the food, but that is not the case at all. Their menu's are full of new items to try every day and not one of our meals disappointed. It was lobster season when we were there and we ate large lobster tails almost everyday. A continental breakfast of pastries and fruit is provided but the items on the breakfast menu were so good that we still ordered a full breakfast int he mornings. Also, room service is available, we didn't use it, but it's nice to have as an option. We only ventured to one other restaurant all week which was The Hidden Treasure, just a short walk or cab ride down the road. The food and atmosphere is great in this hidden gem of a restaurant. We visited twice, ask for Shannon as your server. They also have a free cab that will pick you up from the resort and take you back. The resort also has offers daily excursions such as: scuba diving, snorkeling on the barrier reef and with sharks and sting rays, cave tubing, a mayan tour, catamaran rides, fishing, etc. We did the shark and stingray snorkeling and it was truly a great experience.
One of the best things about San Pedro is that you can take the free bikes offered by the resort all around the little town area or you can rent a golf . It is extremely safe and people are generally very friendly and helpful. No one seems to be in a rush in San Pedro and it's nice to see that and enjoy that with them while on vacation.
All in all, Madonna's song, La Isla Bonita, that was written about this beautiful island of San Pedro is dead on accurate. It is the most beautiful island and we plan to come back and bring our family and friends for years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Victoria House, the order of the day is quite simply relaxation… Located on Ambergris Caye, the largest of the many offshore Belizean Islands, Victoria House is just 2 miles south of picturesque San Pedro Town. The resort offers a taste of barefoot elegance that keeps guests coming back for more. With just 42 guest rooms ranging in style from thatch roof casitas to beachfront villas with private pools, plantation style rooms and stunning ocean view villas, the only challenge is making the choice of where to hang your swimsuit at night. The Palmilla Restaurant and Admiral Nelsons Bar are renowned for fine food and drink complimented by extraordinary, personalized service. Attention to detail by staff and management alike has garnered accolades from international media and awards from prestigious organizations such as Conde Nast Traveler, Conde Nast Johansens and Trip Advisor. Even more telling is the number of guests who chose to make Victoria House their destination of choice, year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Victoria House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria House Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria House Belize/San Pedro
- Victoria San Pedro