I recently stayed at the Sunbreeze for 4 nights. While I agree with some of the comments that it's overpriced, I think it was in line with other hotels with similar features. The rooms are large and very clean. The pool was also very clean (I met people staying at other hotels who said mine was way better than most). As a solo female traveler, I was a bit concerned about some of the comments re: safety. In reality, it was no problem and I never felt uncomfortable. I also didn't mind having to use the beach access (as opposed to lobby access) at night. Most of the places I went to at night were on the beach, so it was very convenient to get home via the beach. And you simply can't beat it for access to the airstrip - it's literally across the street yet you never hear the planes.
The hotel restaurant is very good and I also recommend heading a few steps north to Wild Mangos for very yummy dishes.
For my taste, they are a bit too strict about making you sign out the remote control, pool towel and hair dryer, but I can only guess that they've had issues with losing things in the past. Also, I rated sleep quality low becuase I was eaten up by mosquitos the first night (there was a gap between the door and threshold - easy access for the little guys).
If you are looking for a good place in town, I defintely recommend the Sunbreeze.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SunBreeze Hotel is located on Ambergris Caye, Belize, in a U Shaped Spanish Architectural design, full service Belize resort with flavours of the Caribbean surrounded by tropical gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea, centrally located at the immediate south side of the heart of San Pedro Town with easy access to every means of entertainment and water sport activity; yet out of the hustle of the town. A seafront property protected by a seawall boasting 43 spacious air conditioned rooms of three categories, an onsite open air seafront restaurant & bar adjacent to the freshwater pool surrounded by a 10ft of wooden deck, sun beds, chairs, massage studio, spa services, sauna, art gallery with Caribbean Paintings, a 1500 sq ft multi purpose meeting room, sea-front hammock gazebo and Highly Professional PADI dive operator, tours and concierge services, wedding and event coordination services. All rooms are non-smoking and offers handicap accessible bathrooms, accessible paths of travel, in room accessibility. Some connecting rooms available. Complimentary WiFi in-rooms and most common areas to keep you connected with your loved ones, complimentary luggage assistance from San Pedro Airstrip, and complimentary fresh brewed coffee available daily at the lobby from 6:00am to 10:00am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your SunBreeze Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunbreeze Hotel San Pedro
- Sunbreeze San Pedro
- SunBreeze Hotel Belize/San Pedro