“Lovely Hotel, Excellent Location, Nice Value”
Review of SunBreeze Hotel

SunBreeze Hotel
Ranked #14 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is situated directly across from the airport (don't be discouraged, this isn't a bad thing). It is in the heart of San Pedro. It has a fabulous restaurant on site...I had an amazing shrimp and conch salad and it has a dive outfit on site.

The rooms were nice, the linens though kept slipping off my mattress and were not the best quality. In the shower, I had nice pressure but couldn't keep the temperature steady...and the temperature swings were pretty big, from hot to cold and back. I had a cute little newt in the shower with me one day, which wasn't any trouble to me, but might not make some guests happy.

The vanity area was very large with extra counter space, very nice for spreading out. I do wish the room had a coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge. It did have a small table and a couple of chairs. The a/c worked well and the room was equipped with ceiling fans.

The grounds were quite lovely, palms and other lush plants adorn the courtyard. The pool was very nice, adjoining the restaurant.

The staff was amazing. Very helpful in every way, didn't let us carry a bag.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room which had a nice view of the courtyard area, pool and ocean.
There are newer reviews for SunBreeze Hotel

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Beautiful courtyard, wonderful staff, they really have learned how to take care of their guest. Any thing you want just ask, they will find a way to make sure you get it. A breath of fresh air on an Ameriicanized island. The rooms are clean and spacious.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2013

It was great to walk across the street from the airstrip to the hotel! The location is great. The rooms were very comfortable. We went with another couple and had rooms next to each other which was very accomodating.

1  Thank baiken2
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have probably stayed at the SunBreeze Hotel 20 times dating back to 2004 when I lived on mainland Belize, and would come visit Ambergris Caye. For some reason, I don't think I ever wrote a review...

Anyways, at that time I always found the rooms to be clean, the staff to be efficient, the location to be perfect (get off plane, proceed across the street), the onsite restaurant great, and the beach bar BC's next door great fun.

Yesterday, due to some construction near the room I rent on the island, I needed to find something quiet and affordable. Seeing as I often recommend The SunBreeze (I manage a hotel myself, that's a higher price point), to those looking for moderately priced, clean and safe accommodations, I called up Julia, who has been the General Manager of the Sunbreeze for many years.

Julia was able to have a deluxe room ready for me with early check-in and I headed on over.

The resort has been renovated since I last stayed and I really enjoyed what I think are new beds, as well as the new linens and software (towels/curtains etc). The rooms have flat screen TV's, lots of great lighting options, purified water in a pitcher for drinking, a mini fridge, double locks on doors, security onsite, in-suite safes, and the rooms are clean, comfortable and reasonably priced.

I want to point something out to those that may be nervous about noise staying across from the airstrip. I have lived in 6 different locations on the island and I could always hear the planes far more from those locations (miles removed from the airstrip), then I could when I've stayed at the SunBreeze.

I'd love to see a coffee maker and hair conditioner (tip, bring your own conditioner), and people get up early at this resort, lots of divers etc, so sleeping in might not be an option.

However, I am SO glad I checked out this resort again, because I feel even more confident recommending it now/still. The SunBreeze is certainly a hotel I would recommend to my friends, family, have my Mom stay at etc.

I recommend spending a little extra and booking a deluxe room, I sure enjoyed mine. In fact as I sit at my desk writing this review, I wish I was back in my bed at the SunBreeze.

Thank you Julia for making a last minute stay come together. I will be back!

Room Tip: I would recommend booking a Deluxe room if it's in your budget.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel is in nice location and very clean. I informed the staff this would be a prehoney moon and they prepared flower petals on our beds with a nice card and even on towels and in sink/bathroom! They really made a big smile on my fiancee. Staff was excellent and always asking if we need anything. Room is spacious, clean, albeit a little old but definitely comfortable. Didn't try the pool. The price was good and easy access to everywhere. I would recommend to rent golf cart and explore different resorts on the island, and perhaps hopping to caye caulker for an afternoon to enjoy different styles the cayes have to offer.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is definitely a little worn and dated, but you get what you pay for right? While the rooms and furnishings were definitely old, they were clean and comfortable. And the grounds are pretty gorgeous... The pool is really big and there are plenty of deck chairs.

The location is really good, right in the heart of San Pedro and literally directly across the street from the Tropic Air terminal (though thankfully you don't hear the planes).

The Blue Water Grill has good food and you can usually pick up their wifi at the pool.

I'm sure there are more modern/luxurious places in San Pedro, but you'll probably pay double if you go there. I've stayed at SunBreeze on two separate trips now, and I'd have no hesitation to make it a third.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was a charming hotel with a wonderful staff. Great location! You will be steps from San Pedro and all it has to offer yet far enough away to have a peaceful, secluded feeling. They have a delicious restaurant, Blue Water Grill. I highly recommend SunBreeze if you're looking for a stress free, relaxing vacation!

Room Tip: It's such a small property I think any room would be a good one. I was very close to the pool an...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo