We stayed in a deluxe room and for the price and the amenities, we were definitely content. There was a mini-fridge, strong A/C, cable tv with all the movie channels, nice clean tiled floor and large bathroom with ample counter space. And best of all, it was quiet. It is literally RIGHT across the street from the airport, but the hotel is set a bit further off the street so you don't get the street noise and do not hear the planes at all. It is convenient when you fly in as you just walk across the street. Only thing is during the weekday, you will hear the school bell going off because it's close to San Pedro's only school.
The restaurant (Blue Water Grill) was excellent with decent sized portions. A little bit more on the expensive side but definitely worth trying.
The grounds are sufficient but the pool water is pretty cold and it doesn't really have much of a beach, but apparently Belize is not really famous for its beaches and you can always go couple minutes south to Ramon's Village's beach - much nicer.
As for the service, the front desk seemed a bit unmotivated and as a previous review had mentioned, liked to nickel and dime you. We were moving to Ramon's Village and it had rained earlier in the morning, so was going to call RV for a pick up. We asked the front desk if they could call for us, but they said they would have to charge us $5 BZE for the connection. It just seems it would have been a better guest experience if they didn't seem so money grubbing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SunBreeze Hotel is located on Ambergris Caye, Belize, in a U Shaped Spanish Architectural design, full service Belize resort with flavours of the Caribbean surrounded by tropical gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea, centrally located at the immediate south side of the heart of San Pedro Town with easy access to every means of entertainment and water sport activity; yet out of the hustle of the town. A seafront property protected by a seawall boasting 43 spacious air conditioned rooms of three categories, an onsite open air seafront restaurant & bar adjacent to the freshwater pool surrounded by a 10ft of wooden deck, sun beds, chairs, massage studio, spa services, sauna, art gallery with Caribbean Paintings, a 1500 sq ft multi purpose meeting room, sea-front hammock gazebo and Highly Professional PADI dive operator, tours and concierge services, wedding and event coordination services. All rooms are non-smoking and offers handicap accessible bathrooms, accessible paths of travel, in room accessibility. Some connecting rooms available. Complimentary WiFi in-rooms and most common areas to keep you connected with your loved ones, complimentary luggage assistance from San Pedro Airstrip, and complimentary fresh brewed coffee available daily at the lobby from 6:00am to 10:00am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your SunBreeze Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunbreeze Hotel San Pedro
- Sunbreeze San Pedro
- SunBreeze Hotel Belize/San Pedro