My husband and I spent a week at El Pescador in March 2010. We knew Belize has beautiful coastlines, and great diving and fishing. We didn't know just how beautiful Ambergris Caye truly is, and we did not expect the overwhelming level of service, comfort and quality we experienced at El Pescador. The management helped arrange our trip, from local flights/boat rides to the resort, to fishing and diving through El Pescador, as well as numerous other activities using outside tour vendors. All of our arrangements were made accurately and expediently. Marlin at the front desk was beyond a pleasure to work with, she was a true professional in arranging all our activities. When we weren't fishing, diving or exploring, we had a wonderful time at the oceanfront pool. The grounds are gorgeous with mature palms and other plantings that compliment the classic lodge structure. We stayed in a one bedroom villa that is detached from the lodge, which was supremely comfortable with a king bed and gorgeous, tiled shower. We slept with the windows open all evenings except two, when the temperature crept up approaching ninety degrees. The rest of the time we fell asleep listening to the breeze and the ocean. The food at El Pescador was a huge shift from typical "resort fare". All the food is made from scratch, mostly from local ingredients. The result was flavorful, healthful, and high quality. Even better than the food was the high quality of conversation with other guests during the commual dinners. Marianno and Susana made sure we were always 100% satisfied with our meals. My husband had a few boxed lunches prepared by the staff for his fishing and diving days, which were also excellent. After dinner (and before dinner!) we relaxed at the open air bar where Antonio was happy to pour our favorite drinks for us, with a smile. Everyone on the staff treated us similarly - we were greeted by name each day, by everyone from the pool maintenance staff to the Dive Master and Fishing Management team. We truly felt welcomed and appreciated by such a warm staff. Most of the guests that we met was also very outgoing, and we exchanged contact information with several couples in the hopes of crossing paths again. El Pescador is situated about 2 miles from the town of San Pedro. We biked to town as well as taking the water taxi several times. The town has a much busier vibe than El Pescador, but we felt safe and had some good times/meals at Mango's and Blue Water Grill. We bought water and snacks at the local supermarket and found many cute shops. On the days when my husband fished or dove, I took a snorkel trip on my own, arranged by El Pescador, and had a great time exploring the northern part of the island with about 10 other travelers. The scenery is great during morning walks in either direction, and I would have felt comfortable going in to town on my own, had a not been having such a great time with the other "fishing wives" at El Pescador! My husband raved about the expertise and guidance from Alonso, the dive master, as well as his fishing guide Nesto. The staff absolutely made what would have been a great vacation, an excellent vacation. I can't think of any aspect that was lacking or disappointing, other than leaving! We will definitely be back to El Pescador. Its rare to find a spot so beautiful, with so much to do and see, surrounded by interesting guests and fabulous staff and management. El Pescador gets 5 stars for quality, service, location, and amenities!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pescador’s beachfront lodge and villas are situated on over 45 private acres with ambiance, specializing in fishing, diving and eco-adventures. We are family-owned and operated with emphasis on creating camaraderie and an authentic Belizean experience. El Pescador is proud of our philosophy to protect and nurture friendship, adventure and the environment. El Pescador has long been known as a world-class fishing destination offering outstanding flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit. El Pescador has been the only resort on Ambergris Caye specializing in saltwater flats fishing since 1974. Since coming under new ownership in 1997, the resort has established itself as an eco-friendly tropical getaway, including a commitment to offset all carbon emissions generated by its guests flying to Belize. Donations are made on behalf of guests to a local Belizean non-profit organization, Green Reef Environmental Educational and Coastal Research Institute, to offset the carbon emissions used to travel to Belize. El Pescador was also among the key organizations to implement the new Law protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit as catch and release species. This is the most all encompassing legislation of its kind worldwide. It is great news for Belizeans, anglers, tourists and conservationists alike. El Pescador is a serene and gracious establishment on the doorstep of the world’s largest living Barrier Reef. El Pescador offers accommodations in guest rooms within its colonial style, mahogany main lodge, as well as in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury beachfront villas. The villas are perfect accommodations for couples seeking romance and privacy, and for families and small groups traveling together. All rooms and villas are beachfront and have unobstructed views of the Caribbean blue waters. In addition to unequaled fishing, this first-rate resort offers all the eco-adventures which take full advantage of Belize’s exotic flora and fauna. Scuba diving, snorkeling, manatee watching, cave-tubing and zip-lining, and Maya archaeological explorations are just a small assortment of the activities available while staying at El Pescador. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your El Pescador Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pescador Hotel San Pedro
- El Pescador San Pedro
- El Pescador Resort Belize/San Pedro