We spent a week at this lovely resort to celebrate my son's wedding to his wonderful bride. I cannot express enough gratitude to the facility and staff for making this an exceptional event.
From the arrival time of silly behavior to the formality of the beach-side wedding, El Pescador staff handled the diversity of our party with courteous finesse. Though I was not always party to the details, none of the guests mentioned any difficulties. Our primary reason for our trip was to celebrate a wedding. However, the fishing was spectacular.
Much of the credit is due to expert fly casting instruction of L.A. and our fishing Sensei Sinoe the Fish Whisperer. WIndy conditions proved to be a task to which our guide adapted our novice experience. I believe on our first day, we boated 21 bone after casting to......well, so many. "tck, tck tck". He even was able to put a bone fish on the fly to Laura who has only fly fished for trout, bass or pan fish on calm days. Reports around Mariano's Bar at El Pescador (excellent barkeep) showed that each guide was as adept to our ineptness.
The facillities are superb. The cuisine was unexpectedly wonderful, The dinning staff quite accommondating. How they remember each one's name and preferences is truly remarkable.
I am also an outfitter who runs a destination lodge. I highly recommend El Pescador as a destination for anyone who wishes to have a wonderful tropical fishing experience at a quality facility with phenomenal staff.
Thank you Chis and your Staff.
See you soon,
Tom and Laura
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pescador’s beachfront lodge and villas are situated on over 45 private acres with ambiance, specializing in fishing, diving and eco-adventures. We are family-owned and operated with emphasis on creating camaraderie and an authentic Belizean experience. El Pescador is proud of our philosophy to protect and nurture friendship, adventure and the environment. El Pescador has long been known as a world-class fishing destination offering outstanding flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit. El Pescador has been the only resort on Ambergris Caye specializing in saltwater flats fishing since 1974. Since coming under new ownership in 1997, the resort has established itself as an eco-friendly tropical getaway, including a commitment to offset all carbon emissions generated by its guests flying to Belize. Donations are made on behalf of guests to a local Belizean non-profit organization, Green Reef Environmental Educational and Coastal Research Institute, to offset the carbon emissions used to travel to Belize. El Pescador was also among the key organizations to implement the new Law protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit as catch and release species. This is the most all encompassing legislation of its kind worldwide. It is great news for Belizeans, anglers, tourists and conservationists alike. El Pescador is a serene and gracious establishment on the doorstep of the world’s largest living Barrier Reef. El Pescador offers accommodations in guest rooms within its colonial style, mahogany main lodge, as well as in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury beachfront villas. The villas are perfect accommodations for couples seeking romance and privacy, and for families and small groups traveling together. All rooms and villas are beachfront and have unobstructed views of the Caribbean blue waters. In addition to unequaled fishing, this first-rate resort offers all the eco-adventures which take full advantage of Belize’s exotic flora and fauna. Scuba diving, snorkeling, manatee watching, cave-tubing and zip-lining, and Maya archaeological explorations are just a small assortment of the activities available while staying at El Pescador. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your El Pescador Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pescador Hotel San Pedro
- El Pescador San Pedro
- El Pescador Resort Belize/San Pedro