Our family of 5 (3 sons aged 21,19, 15) spent the week of XMAS 2012 at El Pescador. We originally had planned to spend time in the jungle too but bug bites would have almost certainly been a problem for 2 of us - and we are so glad we relaxed at a single resort for 7 days. El Pescador was a perfect place for us - we were just the right level of "busy" but without the irritations that often come with trying to do things in touristy spots. The location and the setting of the property is something to behold - the water color, palm trees, walkable sandy beach and bike trails felt like paradise. We had a full moon while there and the night walks were wonderful. All the water-related activities take off from the El Pescador dock and were hassle free. We worked with the dive master, Alonzo, and spent three days getting scuba certified. Although we have nothing to compare it to directly, we are pretty sure it was the most pleasant way and location to run through the drills and skills that are required to get certified. We had an eel as our audience for the last round of skills - it tested our (well at least my!) ability to focus. Getting certified together was a great family experience. The resort is populated with a nice mix of interesting people who were for the most part participating in the many activities - there wasn't a 7am rush to put a towel on a pool chair to claim it for the day. That made the "off activity" days very pleasant as well. Our youngest son is a budding fly fisherman and had a great day learning tons from Emir in both the mangroves and the open water. And last but not least, the hotel staff is very warm, helpful and professional. They want you to have a nice visit and are actively engaged in making it happen. We like to continually hit new places in our adventures, but El Pescador will likely get a return visit from us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pescador’s beachfront lodge and villas are situated on over 45 private acres with ambiance, specializing in fishing, diving and eco-adventures. We are family-owned and operated with emphasis on creating camaraderie and an authentic Belizean experience. El Pescador is proud of our philosophy to protect and nurture friendship, adventure and the environment. El Pescador has long been known as a world-class fishing destination offering outstanding flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit. El Pescador has been the only resort on Ambergris Caye specializing in saltwater flats fishing since 1974. Since coming under new ownership in 1997, the resort has established itself as an eco-friendly tropical getaway, including a commitment to offset all carbon emissions generated by its guests flying to Belize. Donations are made on behalf of guests to a local Belizean non-profit organization, Green Reef Environmental Educational and Coastal Research Institute, to offset the carbon emissions used to travel to Belize. El Pescador was also among the key organizations to implement the new Law protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit as catch and release species. This is the most all encompassing legislation of its kind worldwide. It is great news for Belizeans, anglers, tourists and conservationists alike. El Pescador is a serene and gracious establishment on the doorstep of the world’s largest living Barrier Reef. El Pescador offers accommodations in guest rooms within its colonial style, mahogany main lodge, as well as in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury beachfront villas. The villas are perfect accommodations for couples seeking romance and privacy, and for families and small groups traveling together. All rooms and villas are beachfront and have unobstructed views of the Caribbean blue waters. In addition to unequaled fishing, this first-rate resort offers all the eco-adventures which take full advantage of Belize’s exotic flora and fauna. Scuba diving, snorkeling, manatee watching, cave-tubing and zip-lining, and Maya archaeological explorations are just a small assortment of the activities available while staying at El Pescador. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your El Pescador Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pescador Hotel San Pedro
- El Pescador San Pedro
- El Pescador Resort Belize/San Pedro