Just home from 8th annual visit to Belize. El Pescador Resort on Ambergris Caye is an exceptional property. 1. It's all inclusive....or not. We opted for the full meal plan which also includes most bar items except Top Shelf brands imported from USA. 2. The food is fresh and fantastic. The grocery boat shows up every couple of days and the menus we enjoyed included: Fajitas, stone crab, filet mignon, BBQ ribs and, of course, locally caught fish and shrimp. This is what city folk call a "boutique" property: about a dozen rooms in the main lodge and six ocean front villas. We really enjoy the wonderful people we met here, while retaining a quiet, cozy atmosphere. No loud music! No drunken mobs of tourists! Like having your OWN beachfront hideaway......with three pools and a staff that WANTS to take GOOD care of you!
Most people go for the internationally famous sport fishing which is organized by a celebrated fishing expert who guides both in Wyoming and Belize. We go for the scuba operation which is equally as remarkable: maximum of 6 people per dive trip. The dive guide is a life-long pro and knows most of the fish by their first names. Thanks to his expertise, we've seen sharks, turtles, rays and every colorful fish imaginable. We've never found a more satisfying vacation experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pescador’s beachfront lodge and villas are situated on over 45 private acres with ambiance, specializing in fishing, diving and eco-adventures. We are family-owned and operated with emphasis on creating camaraderie and an authentic Belizean experience. El Pescador is proud of our philosophy to protect and nurture friendship, adventure and the environment. El Pescador has long been known as a world-class fishing destination offering outstanding flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit. El Pescador has been the only resort on Ambergris Caye specializing in saltwater flats fishing since 1974. Since coming under new ownership in 1997, the resort has established itself as an eco-friendly tropical getaway, including a commitment to offset all carbon emissions generated by its guests flying to Belize. Donations are made on behalf of guests to a local Belizean non-profit organization, Green Reef Environmental Educational and Coastal Research Institute, to offset the carbon emissions used to travel to Belize. El Pescador was also among the key organizations to implement the new Law protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit as catch and release species. This is the most all encompassing legislation of its kind worldwide. It is great news for Belizeans, anglers, tourists and conservationists alike. El Pescador is a serene and gracious establishment on the doorstep of the world’s largest living Barrier Reef. El Pescador offers accommodations in guest rooms within its colonial style, mahogany main lodge, as well as in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury beachfront villas. The villas are perfect accommodations for couples seeking romance and privacy, and for families and small groups traveling together. All rooms and villas are beachfront and have unobstructed views of the Caribbean blue waters. In addition to unequaled fishing, this first-rate resort offers all the eco-adventures which take full advantage of Belize’s exotic flora and fauna. Scuba diving, snorkeling, manatee watching, cave-tubing and zip-lining, and Maya archaeological explorations are just a small assortment of the activities available while staying at El Pescador. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your El Pescador Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pescador Hotel San Pedro
- El Pescador San Pedro
- El Pescador Resort Belize/San Pedro