Our week-long stay at El Pescador was super in so many ways. We spoke with Ali, one of the owners, several times before traveling to Belize, and she provided information not only for our Ambergris Caye stay but for the rest of our trip throughout Belize, too. My husband's fishing guide was excellent, as was Laurie, the director of fishing services. Divemaster Alonzo and his amazing first mate, Manuel, made sure our scuba and snorkeling trips were fun, safe and interesting every time.
We rented the upstairs of one of the villas, and it was perfect for our family of 3. We used the provisioning service recommended by Ali, so the villa was completely stocked with our favorite foods when we arrived. The resort also arranged babysitting for our 8-year-old daughter, for the times my husband and I were both out diving and/or fishing. Raquel, who lives on-site, was wonderful -- even showed up at 5AM one day to accommodate an early diving day -- and taught our daughter to fish off the dock using a hand line and shrimp borrowed from the lodge's kitchen. She got so good at this that she ended up catching a good-sized snapper that the cooks prepared for our lunch one afternoon.
The atmosphere was very relaxed, which we liked. If I had to nit-pick, I would say that the pools weren't warm enough to really enjoy. But we were there in January, so during warmer months they are probably great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pescador’s beachfront lodge and villas are situated on over 45 private acres with ambiance, specializing in fishing, diving and eco-adventures. We are family-owned and operated with emphasis on creating camaraderie and an authentic Belizean experience. El Pescador is proud of our philosophy to protect and nurture friendship, adventure and the environment. El Pescador has long been known as a world-class fishing destination offering outstanding flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit. El Pescador has been the only resort on Ambergris Caye specializing in saltwater flats fishing since 1974. Since coming under new ownership in 1997, the resort has established itself as an eco-friendly tropical getaway, including a commitment to offset all carbon emissions generated by its guests flying to Belize. Donations are made on behalf of guests to a local Belizean non-profit organization, Green Reef Environmental Educational and Coastal Research Institute, to offset the carbon emissions used to travel to Belize. El Pescador was also among the key organizations to implement the new Law protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit as catch and release species. This is the most all encompassing legislation of its kind worldwide. It is great news for Belizeans, anglers, tourists and conservationists alike. El Pescador is a serene and gracious establishment on the doorstep of the world’s largest living Barrier Reef. El Pescador offers accommodations in guest rooms within its colonial style, mahogany main lodge, as well as in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury beachfront villas. The villas are perfect accommodations for couples seeking romance and privacy, and for families and small groups traveling together. All rooms and villas are beachfront and have unobstructed views of the Caribbean blue waters. In addition to unequaled fishing, this first-rate resort offers all the eco-adventures which take full advantage of Belize’s exotic flora and fauna. Scuba diving, snorkeling, manatee watching, cave-tubing and zip-lining, and Maya archaeological explorations are just a small assortment of the activities available while staying at El Pescador. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your El Pescador Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pescador Hotel San Pedro
- El Pescador San Pedro
- El Pescador Resort Belize/San Pedro