“So Many Fish”

$95.00*
Hol Chan Marine Park, Shark Ray Alley and Caye Caulker Tour from Ambergris Caye
Ranked #1 of 47 things to do in San Pedro
More attraction details
Owner description: This beautiful nature reserve is in an area world famous for its excellent diving.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We started in Zone A of Hol Chan Marine Reserve, and it was amazing! It was the second day of our trip in San Pedro, and even though it had been raining the entire day before the visibility was still great. You could tell where the freshwater from the rain and runoff was floating on the top of the ocean as we did get some more rain that morning. It did make the visibility not 100% but it was kind of neat to see how it took some time for the water to blend. And you didn't have to dive down far to see everything. We saw sting rays, eagle rays, a nurse shark, a barracuda, a very bright green eel, and loads of other fish. Definitely one of my favorite snorkeling sites so far. Next we went to Zone D, also known as shark ray alley. This was a bit of a disappointment... Our guide did not bait the water as some other tours were doing and I did not see a single nurse shark. I did see a few stingrays there, but the visibility was very poor and not seeing any sharks was awful. As we were leaving (already on the boat) we saw another boat baiting the sharks and they were literally everywhere. Before you choose a dive company be sure that they bait the sharks!! You may be disappointed if you don't.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was our fist snorkel and it was great. We saw trigger fish, rays, green moray eels, and nurse sharks. Great place to go, but they charge $10/person

Reviewed November 10, 2013

What else could I say other than the best snorkelling of my snorkelling career. I loved everything I saw. However, I especially enjoyed when we free dove in the middle the channel. Talk about getting your adrenaline running.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The trip was a nice way to start a vacation. Lots of diversity at the reef. We saw a turtle within the first few minutes. Our guide, Everette, from Belize Diving Adventures, ensured the guests understood how to take care of the reef while enjoying them, which I highly respect.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had a great day at Hol Chan. We started at Shark and Ray Alley, where the dive boat baited the water and the nurse sharks swarmed. It was a really cool experience to swim with these very safe sharks en mass. The reef itself was a bit more limited in size than I expected, but contained a great variety of wild life. We saw dozens of fish, sea turtles, moray eel, and rays just to name a few.