My wife and I booked into a two bedroom unit with another couple at Banyan Bay in February 2007. The room was nice. However, the fit and finish of cabinets was awful. The drawers would not close. I called maintenance to have them fix it. The maintenance man just looked at us like we were crazy. Who needs to put there clothes away? Also, our maid did not clean at all. I cut myself shaving and had the same bloody towel for three days. I ended up using the pool towel in the bathroom.
I went out early one morning to go fishing with my friend. My wife and my friend’s wife stayed behind in the room. Someone tried to break into our room twice with our wives still in the room 15 minutes after we left. Someone was watching the unit and figured they could get in after we left.
The resort restaurant, Rico’s, was expensive and not good. For the same money, you can eat at Victoria’s Cottage and have a wonderful dinner.
You have to get a golf cart if you stay at Banyan Bay. It is a long walk into town from the hotel.
Also, another gripe. The concierge called me and said she had a welcome gift for me. She asked me to come see her and receive my gift. So I did. My gift was a photocopy of a map of Ambergris Caye, a recommendation for a new restaurant that was connected with the hotel and the opportunity to own a timeshare at Banyan Bay. Some gift. I thought this was pretty cheesy. If someone offers you a gift, ask what it is before you burn 20 minutes of your vacation trying to get away from a time share salesperson.
All in all, this place felt like a middle of the road Cabo San Lucas resort pimping the time share aspect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located by the beach less than a mile from downtown San Pedro, Banyan Bay Suites offers a great getaway from the everyday hustle and bustle of life. Featuring 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms poolview and beachfront suites and 3 bedrooms/3 bathrooms beachfront suites, with kitchen fully equipped and central air conditioned. Spa is available onsite. A 3-level fresh water pool. Pier 366 Seafood House located by the beach offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. A full service diveshop onsite, that can help in your diving and snorkeling activities. A tour desk that can help in fishing and trips to the mainland including the Mayan temples, ziplining, cave tubing and the Belize Zoo. Banyan Bay Suites is the perfect resort for activities or relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Bay Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas At Banyan Bay Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel At Banyan Bay
- Resort At Banyan Bay
- Banyan Bay Suites Belize/San Pedro