W'e stayed at Banyan Bay on a small group vacation through a tour company. The villas are really 2BR timeshares, more suited to families with children than couples. The villa was too spacious for one couple, but the layout didn't provide privacy for two unrelated couples. The master suite has a large open bathroom with shower and jacuzzi. We would have preferred a door between bedroom and bath, or at least to separate the toilet. Don't share this suite with a casual acquaintance! The second room was a small twin with a very small bathroom -- fine for children, but not an equitable arrangement for two couples in the villa. There is a common living room area.
I agree with other reviewers about the cleanliness, friendly staff, and lovely pool, but also agree about the lack of character or soul. We usually prefer smaller, locally owned hotels or B&B's. Our one big gripe was the shoddy maintenance. Our room safe was inoperable and had to be replaced. Another group member had no safe in her villa -- just a hole in the closet. Running the hot water in our jacuzzi tripped the circuit breaker, so we couldn't use it. Another lady had no shower head in her tub. One villa had a burned electrical smell, so the occupants moved to another unit. The problems were minor and wouldn't be a deal-breaker if a spacious condo is suitable for you.
Walk or take a cab ($5US) into town. Golf carts are pricier.
The dive shop was fabulous! Felipe was the best snorkeling guide ever. He led us around the reefs and pointed out interesting marine life, including a turtle, octopus and moray eel. Also check out the jewelry artist who displays her wares outside the dive shop once a week ( it was Thursday when we saw her). She has excellent prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located by the beach less than a mile from downtown San Pedro, Banyan Bay Suites offers a great getaway from the everyday hustle and bustle of life. Featuring 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms poolview and beachfront suites and 3 bedrooms/3 bathrooms beachfront suites, with kitchen fully equipped and central air conditioned. Spa is available onsite. A 3-level fresh water pool. Pier 366 Seafood House located by the beach offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. A full service diveshop onsite, that can help in your diving and snorkeling activities. A tour desk that can help in fishing and trips to the mainland including the Mayan temples, ziplining, cave tubing and the Belize Zoo. Banyan Bay Suites is the perfect resort for activities or relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Banyan Bay Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas At Banyan Bay Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel At Banyan Bay
- Resort At Banyan Bay
- Banyan Bay Suites Belize/San Pedro