We have just spent the most wonderful seven days at The Banya Bay Resort. This is our second visit to the Resort. The management and staff gave the best service I have ever experience in my travels.
We were in San Pedro for my nephew's wedding. The wedding planners were exceptional and everything went off smoothly even when we started the ceremony before the wedding planners were ready. The beach area was a spetacular turquoise with guests being bathed by the lovely carribean breeze!
The resort went to great lenghts to accomodate our every wish. I bet we were a royal pain. They never let on if we were. Our 2 bedroom suite, with a view of the sea was nicely appointed and very clean. The staff came daily to spruce-up and leave as many towels as we needed. Beach Towels were fluffy and nice.
Rico's Grill. Good food, great view and the best staff in town. Wait staff was friendly and accomodating. Fresh Orange juice was not always available but when it was, I was the first to know.
There Rice and Beans with Stew Chicken was one of the best on the Island. So was their grilled snapper. By the way, the fried beans and fried jacks (Sopapillas) were the best at breakfast.
Even when all the Golf Carts were being rented on the Island we could always get one from the front desK.
I wanted to sent out a special thanks to one of the Housekeeping staff, a charming, lovely ,black woman who hailed from Honduras. She first caught my attention when I was scaring my wife and mother-in-law with an Iguana in a Tree, (an inhabitant who roamed around the complex freely, sometimes surprising the guest). The Housekeeper quickly told us that they were good eating and then rattled off a rice and coconut recipe to cook the ugly iguana with. She made our day.
This same staff member was responsible for cleaning the room my niece's Family had rented. On their final day, they checked out about 11:00Am for a water taxi trip back to Belize City. Fortunately they stuck around for brunch and a last dip in the water. Our new found friend came looking for us all over the complex. She had been cleaning the room and found my nieces wedding rings on the bed. My niece is still in shock and we are grateful.
Some key personel we want to thank. Cynthia Rabateau for her charm and attentive demeanor. Sharon Boyd for being our special English host with a no-hassel sales tacticsand Manuel at Rico's Bar and Grill. To the owners of Banyan Bay, thaks for creating a marvelous experience. This place is tops!!
Jay H Cruz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located by the beach less than a mile from downtown San Pedro, Banyan Bay Suites offers a great getaway from the everyday hustle and bustle of life. Featuring 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms poolview and beachfront suites and 3 bedrooms/3 bathrooms beachfront suites, with kitchen fully equipped and central air conditioned. Spa is available onsite. A 3-level fresh water pool. Pier 366 Seafood House located by the beach offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. A full service diveshop onsite, that can help in your diving and snorkeling activities. A tour desk that can help in fishing and trips to the mainland including the Mayan temples, ziplining, cave tubing and the Belize Zoo. Banyan Bay Suites is the perfect resort for activities or relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Bay Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas At Banyan Bay Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel At Banyan Bay
- Resort At Banyan Bay
- Banyan Bay Suites Belize/San Pedro