$170
$153
SunBreeze Suites(San Pedro)
$137
$299
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Pool
Banana Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$92
$88
  • Breakfast included
White Sands Cove Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$108
$97
$269
$239
  • Pool
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$166
$126
$233
$220
All reviewssea liceplunge poolwalkie talkieprivate islandcasa estrellaoverwater bungalowour honeymoontiny islandlas ventanashobie cat sailingthe entire staffbutler servicebelize cityblue holefishbreakfast tacosprivate place
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Have a few hints to make paradise a but better. Ask ask ask they will do anything so ask. If you want dinner on the doc ask..a movie in the sand ask..steak and potato for dinner ask..steak every night ask..
Bring a squirt bottle for a portable bidet..I hate the no toilet paper in the toilet rule but it's a tiny island follow the rules and stay clean...I would add a tote bidet to each room for the price perhaps not enough water power..
Bring a insulated glass for sodas and water the ice melts in one second in this humidity..
Sand fleas love me they have some expired stuff next time bring your own made just for those...
Stayed at Aurora two couples a bit tight for the couple in second bedroom..tiny shower and no al fresco shower at this casita but big pool...
Next time I'll try Olita I think...
Private beach not so private..fisherman want a show and know they might get one and lots of bugs. Go for the sunset cruise instead...
Jose and Eddie are the best...whatever you wish is here. And the food to die for IF you love fish and I do otherwise just average meats but plenty!!!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Docfrog
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Cayo Espanto is the perfect place to take a deep breath and engulf total relaxation. Every detail is thought about, the food is great, you get a “houseman” assigned to your villa that is there to help with anything. I had a facial and massage in the room and the service was top notch.
I’ve been to Belize many many times, and the only advice I can give is time of year. The best time of year to go is winter. I’ve always gone in February and it’s perfect. Our trip was fine and we didn’t mind the rain and wind, but if someone is looking for the still waters, perfect weather, go in Dec-May.
I also recommend using Astrum helicopters for the transfers and/or for the excursions if you can splurge. They are great!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank mj79Tx
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have had the privilege to travel extensively throughout the Caribbean. We have never written a review after any of our other adventures, but are compelled to write one after our time at Cayo Espanto. From the moment we disembarked from our plane at Belize City to the moment we boarded our return flight the staff at Cayo were there to insure that our every want and need were met. The welcome was warm and genuine from Erica and the entire staff. We stayed in Casa Solano and cannot brag on Jesus and José enough, my vocabulary is not sufficient. They were always available for anything we desired but were very sensitive to allow us time alone without intrusion. Chef Patrick and his staff exceeded our expectations, so much so that not only could we not finish the generous portions; but we declined any afternoon snacks because we just weren’t hungry in the slightest. If you are looking for a resort with 5 star expectations, privacy, and the most beautiful views and setting; we highly recommend Cayo Espanto. Just make sure you bring your bug repellant and anti itch spray with you.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bamafam84
Reviewed May 20, 2018

From the time we stepped off the local flight to San Pedro until we were escorted to the airport to depart, our houseman, Larry, anticipated our needs. I'd been planning the trip for over a month and had always dreamed of being in a calm, quiet place in the Caribbean. Cayo Espanto definitely fit the bill of places to experience for just those things and so much more.

Casa Ventanas is their one over-water bungalow. It doesn't have a plunge pool, but we found the ocean breezes in the afternoons and evenings to keep us adequately cooled. There is air conditioning available but we were fine without it. The bed was very comfortable with tons of pillows and mosquito netting available, but we didn't see a single mosquito down there anywhere.

Lots of Cormorants, Great Tailed Grackles, Magnificent Frigatebirds, Pelicans, and the fish around the back dock kept us entertained, too--Needlefish, Bonefish, Big Eye Snappers. We happened to be there during Sea-Lice season; after experiencing them (they're a little bitey), I chose to forgo snorkeling around our dock but my husband wasn't bothered by them. Sunscreen with Sea-Lice protectant is available in the bungalow.

Must recommend the excursion to Hol Chan Marine Reserve for snorkeling and scuba diving. What an amazing experience.

The food was prepared on our schedule and was suited to our tastes based on a questionnaire we were emailed ahead of time. The fruit juices in the region are spectacular. Cantaloupe and watermelon juices were available all the time (and I'm sure any other type of juice you'd want) and were prepared fresh. I've never had better Eggs Benedict in my life and Chef Richard's Lobster Raviolis were exquisite. Lovely desserts after lunch and dinner.

I cannot say enough great things about the staff on the island. It really is an amazing place to go to completely unwind and allow someone else to take care of everything for you.

Stayed: May 2018
4  Thank Phasianidae
Reviewed May 4, 2018

My wife and I spend several nights at the Las Brisas villa last week and had a terrific experience. Carlos and Kevin spoiled us rotten the entire time and Richard's culinary extravaganzas were wonderful. The rooms is luxurious but not over the top. The plunge pool was great and, as it turns out, very important to our well being. While it is true the local waters do not have "sea lice" they do have "seat roaches" which are 1/4 inch sized bugs that crawl on your if you swim or walk the waters surrounding CE. These creatures will bite and it can be painful. I had hoped to avoid this by swimming in the deeper water on the side of the island with the swim platform. That helped a bit, but I still had to pick these buggers off my legs. This essentially renders the surrounding water unusable. We had great day trips to scuba and bone fish, and the use of the plunge pool made the whole issue a bit less painful.

Obviously, there is nothing CE can do about this and they can't be held responsible. But if your vision for visiting involves carefree frolicking in the waters off your villa--think again. I am not squeamish but after trying to fish in the shallows for only 20 minutes, I gave up after picking several roaches off my corpus.

We loved everything else about CE.

Room Tip: a plunge pool is a requirement
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple