“Professional, knowledgeable and friendly diving”

Scuba School And Family Dive Center
Ranked #4 of 77 Tours in San Pedro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba School And Family Dive Center Belize is a premier dive center in Belize, offering scuba lessons, local dives, Blue Hole, private charters, Blue Hole Overnight, mainland tours and much. We are a full license tour operator company that provides services throughout the country of Belize.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Scuba school Belize is the outfitter you want to use when planning your trip to the country. Whether you are looking to advance your certification or just hop on a boat to get in the water, there is no better program on Ambergris Caye. I have been certified by Junior and partaken in a number of dives with him over the years, and there is no one I would rather go with. His knowledge-both of the underwater environment and its inhabitants and of the skills associated with diving- are unparalleled. The professionalism that is displayed by this company is what would be expected of a dive shop on a world class level. While enjoying the wonder of scuba, you can be assured of experiencing it in a safe and fun way. The next time you make it to San Pedro, look up Junior and make the pleasure of diving Belize even greater.

1  Thank clinttdavis
Venancio T, Manager at Scuba School And Family Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Clint we were so glad to see you and Gus and have you both diving with us again! Thank you for such nice words we appreciate it very much, hope to see you all soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great team around Junior and Maria. They were amazingly helpful during our trip to San Pedro in April 2013. We searched for a scuba school that was able support our 10 year old son to become PADI certified - and ourselves Advanced Open Water divers. Maria responded on short notice, informed us on the steps and how they could support us incl. their on the school premises installed pool, eLearning modules and the first open water dives.

Excellent service, supportive and friendly with the right level of seriousness when it comes to diving.

We had a great experience with them and fully recommend them for a great diving / school experience.

Gabriele we were so happy to have you all diving with us, Moritz was a great student now a certified diver. We hope to see your beautiful family once more, good to hear you all are now safe at home. Thank you for such nice compliments.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I recently was certified as an Open Water diver at Scuba School Belize. It was a fantastic experience learning from Junior and the rest of the team at SSB! I chose to go with SSB because of the outstanding reviews on TripAdvisor and was not let down. It was clear that helping me was a top priority throughout the dives I went on. My pool dives were quick and efficient and prepared me very well for the Open Water dives. Having never dived before this trip, I was nervous about the experience but the instructors taught me well and made me feel really comfortable throughout. I knew that I was prepared once I got into the open water.

Overall, I would highly recommend using SSB to anyone who is looking to get certified or even just to go on a few dives. It is clear that safety and an overall great experience are important to all of the staff at SSB. It will be well worth your time money! I know that when I head back to San Pedro I will be using their services again!

1  Thank LRank

We are more than happy to hear you had a great time with us Lucas, thank you for your time and great compliments. Hope to have you diving with us again now as a certified diver!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Mrs Northwalldiver and I just finished eight days of wonderful diving with Scuba School Belize. We have dived with a fairly wide range of operators throughout the Caribbean and have found dive ops with whom we were comfortable, some with whom we were not, and some with whom we felt like family.

Scuba School Belize is one of the latter.

Being instruction-oriented meant that everything was based on safety and proper execution of dive skills. Often-times there were students around the shop and it was very obvious that Junior, Collin and all of the instructors / divemasters are passionate about training.

Dives were at a relaxed pace with time for me to work on some photographs. The small groups were a great boon and added to our overall enjoyment. Dive masters were helpful when needed but respected our dive styles and equipment. As an example, we have hose-less wrist-mounted computers and the staff was aware and careful to not lift our set-up rigs using the computer transmitters as handles.

I could go on and on. But to be concise; if I were to run a scuba school / dive operator I would run it like SSB.

Cheers,
Mrs and Mr. NWD

1  Thank Northwalldiver

We were so glad to have such beautiful couple diving with us for eight days, unfortunately every vacation has an end. On the other hand we hope having you both visit your SSB family. Thank you for such nice compliments we appreciate it very much and once again thank you for choosing SSB.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I were on vacation in San Pedro and decided to do the dive experience with Scuba School Belize. We loved it! Collin and Junior were fantastic instructors and we felt comfortable with both of them. We got to go on a 25 ft dive as part of our experience. Junior made sure to check on us and make sure we felt comfortable. He also pointed out a lot for us so we got to see a baby sea turtle, eagle ray, conch, and more. We were so pleased that we were going to go out for a second dive, but due to high winds we were unable to go. I'm glad they were putting our safety first. We will definitely be getting certified so we can dive again on our next trip to San Pedro and will dive with SSB for sure. It was a great part of our vacation.

1  Thank EmilyDyan

Emily thank you for your review, we hope to see you again so this time two of you can get certified and enjoy of more wonderful diving in any of our beautiful dive sites along the barrier reef. It was great having both of you as part of the SSB family.