“What a great time!”

Ranked #6 of 13 Nightlife in San Pedro
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“What a great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family and I spent an entire week in San Pedro and our home away from home was Wahoo's Lounge. The entire staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Owners Doug and Noele helped us set up diving lessons, told us the places we should visit and kept the drinks flowing when we were thirsty. The World Famous Chicken Drop was the highlight, however. What a great event and and what a great glimpse into San Pedro nightlife in the middle of the week. When we visit Belize again (and we most certainly will) , Wahoo's Lounge will be on the top of our itinerary!

Visited April 2012

McKinney, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Time!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

It was fun and the drinks were great! Went Thursday nigh to the "Chicken Drop" and had a blast. What a fun crowd. Went other times and it was more laid back. Try the Dirty Banana drink its the best around!

Visited December 2012
verona
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 191 helpful votes
“The worst experience ever in a seedy and tacky bar/pub!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed at Spindrift Hotel for 3 nights, last week!

I had had a few drinks with my fiancee at the Whaoo's Lounge on the 1st day.

It was very convenient for us thanks to its location on the ground floor of the Hotel, considering the wet weather (rainy for 3-5 hours a day).

At the beginning we were served by a young black girl.

The next day, when the "worldwide famous Chicken Drop" ( the most idiot game I ve haver heard about on the planet) was going on and the Lounge was packed with customers we ordered 2 rounds ( 4 glasses each time) of Punch Rum, 1st time to the manager ( an american blonde mature lady) that charged us 20 BZ dollars and 2nd time to the black lady that had served us the day before and were charged 10 BZ dollars.
Beside me I had heard other american customers complaining about the same matter. They were charged different prices for the same drinks served by the 2 ladies behind the counters.

Why 2 bar-ladies and 2 different ways to charge the customers? They were not instructed to charge the same prices? This was a bit stinky....

This left a bad taste in my mouth so I went up to the manager for some explanations and very rudely she replied that her workmate was wrong at that I had gotten a good deal on the second time.

Shame that on the board at the entrance it was avertised 2 Punch Rum x 1 .

Spoke also with the owner who couldn't be more careless about my remarks.
He didn't even go to the black lady to instruct her her to apply the correct rates for that night...probably he needed to "cover" the wrongdoing of his friend/the manager.

So I left immediately the bar.

Terrible attitude, horrible customer care!

Stay away from the Whaoo's Lounge which is way up overrated on TA.

Simone & Angelica

B&B Villa Beatrice - Verona-

Visited November 2012
4 Thank Simone C
Larkspur, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great People - Great Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

You can't go to San Pedro without going to the World Famous Chicken Drop. It is so much fun and if you're lucky you'll also get to see Coconut Leo during the event. Doug and Noele are just salt of the earth people (or in this case, salt of the sea). My husband and I wanted to renew our vows after 25 years and we decided to do it at Wahoo's and Noele went out of her way to make it awesome for us. The atmosphere is very laid back, just like all of San Pedro, and their staff is amazing. I got totally hooked on the dirty banana :) We've been to San Pedro many times and we always return to our favorite little hang out where we feel the most comfortable and welcomed. Hope to go back again soon!!!!!

Visited September 2012
San Jan Del Sur, Nicaragua
“Wahooooooooooooooooooooo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

We lived in San Pedro for a bit and spent tons of time at Wahoo's Lounge. The live bands, chicken drop, yummy drinks, and fun fun fun staff make it a go to place when visiting. You can also order delicious hot dogs and mexican food from the two restaurants next door while enjoying the atmosphere for Wahoo's. We can't wait to go back and see all of our fantastic friends at Wahoo's Lounge!

Visited November 2012