Belize Hutz
$170
SunBreeze Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$220
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$166
$126
Banyan Bay Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$360
$236
$280
  • Breakfast included
Banana Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Breakfast included
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$192
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
$349
  • Pool
El Secreto(San Pedro)
$420
$329
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The staff at the Hutz was very friendly. James went out his way to make sure that we were comfortable. Liz was on maternity leave but she made my reservation and very easy. I made my reservation with her when I was in Afghanistan I was really looking forward to see her in person. Me and my family enjoyed our stay. Thanks and hope to go back soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RACHEL W
jamesrwardvancouver, Manager at Belize Hutz, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

it is wonderful news to hear from our guests how much they enjoyed their vacation.
We listen very closely to our guests reviews and make adjustments to protect the value and reputation of Belize Hutz and the accommodation of our guests and families.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We can't agree more with the comments which "No Refunds" made towards the Belize Hutz. We were booked there from Mar/25/2013 to Apr/08/2013 of which we only stayed until Mar/31/2013 as we were not getting the rest that we had planned due to the noisy bar across the street, dogs barking all night long. there was nothing for the kids to do, the back yard was like a vacated yard with nothing in it, the pool was so dirty that I wouldn't let my dog use it, James sat on a stool at the bar playing video games and made no attempt to clean it, just saying I'm working on it. No dinning area as they advertised, T.V room that you couldn't use as there was always a baby in there or someone sleeping, pool table that was broken down most of the time, gate at the front entrance falling off hinges, rooms were like being in jail, no T.V, no internet connection, no one asked if we were enjoying our stay, NOT 350m to the beach, more like 1 Km. A bad location for a family vacation. Only one of the staff, a young lady who tried her best to make our stay more enjoyable, as she had very little to work with in the kitchen, no menu as they said. As a proud Canadian and Albertan I am sad to say this place is owned by a Canadian who is making all of us other Canadians look pretty bad. Thank god he never had a Canadian flag on the pole or I would have asked him to remove it. My advice to any body reading this is DON'T BOOK HERE !!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lorne O
jamesrwardvancouver, Owner at Belize Hutz, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

During the time period when you came down to visit Mar/25/2013 to Apr/08/2013 we lost our maintenance person and as you can tell it doesn't take long for things to go down hill. To make it even worse, we were having a difficult time keeping our pool clean, but right after your review I personally went down to the resort to FIX the issues. It turns out the pool had a crack in the foundation and dirty water was seeping in from the bottom! we drained the pool, sealed the crack and applied diamond brite and resurfaced the entire pool - it is so clean and fresh now, you can see your refection in the water! Big change since you were here.... we happen to be family oriented resort, sorry sometimes there are families with small babies but unfortunately we don't plan to turn our resort into an adult only establishment.

Being a proud Canadian myself (4th generation) we would like to make your horrible stay up to you. Please come back - stay with us for a week FREE and lets us prove to you that we took your advice and have done our utmost to improve upon what we have already done. As you can see by all the latest reviews, I think we have accomplished our objectives of making Belize Hutz comfortable, clean, fun and safe for all to enjoy

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was perfect for us. The rooms are exactly what they are called.....hutz:) they have everything you need. Friendly, clean, quiet, short walk into town and close to beach! We loved it here and the staff James and Candice were friendly and very accommodating. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want to be waited on hand and foot then stay at a high end resort or hotel that caters to you! This is a laid back comfortable atmosphere! I would not say frat house as other review says. It's a great clean friendly inexpensive place to stay:)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

thank you for taking the time to make a review - we are so glad you liked Belize.
it has so much to offer - and word is getting out there slowly on what a great country Belize is!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Belize Hutz was the perfect bungalow for us. We were friends traveling together from Colorado and California. When we first arrived to the island, I asked a couple of people where 2141 Pearl Street was and nobody knew. Finally I asked the taxi driver where Belize Hutz was and he knew exactly where it was. We arrived not knowing what to expect and thankfully received a very friendly welcome from James. He kindly showed us to our room, turned on the AC and left us feeling we came to the right place. We were immediately able to have a nice cold beer and the sweet sound of reggae filled our ears. It was perfect having the bar in the hotel parameters and everyone surrounding it was friendly and positive. We enjoyed the walk to the beach from Belize Hutz. We appreciated the fact that we were not in town but could walk along the beach to get there. We even caught a glimpse of fireflies on the way a couple of nights. We always felt safe with Belize Hutz and couldn't believe how reasonable the rates where. We planned on one night but stayed for three! Thank all of you for the wonderful memory and we will definitely pass on the word about how great Belize Hutz is!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

thank you so much for your kind words - every time we hear one more person was happy with their stay it makes our job gets a little bit nicer. thank you!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I'm a little late getting this review done as I am still catching up from my travels. I stayed at Belize Hutz the second week in November, at the start of a two month run around Mexico and Belize, and I was quite happy with my stay there. It is not a luxury hotel, but there are very few of those in San Pedro and they will cost you four or five times what I paid here. In total I spent three weeks in San Pedro so I have a pretty good hasdle on the various accomodations.

Location

It is south of town located in a local neighbourhood, but that is part of the charm. If you are going into Town it is a $5 cab ride, or about a half hour walk, which you can do along the beach (5 min walk). As I was trying to learn as much about the area as possible I walked in and back everyday, constantly turning down offers to drive me in by many of the golf carts passing by. If you want to cab it, then the staff call one for you and you will be on your way in fve mins. If you are there for a week, just rent a golf cart like many of the other tourists.

The Hutz

It is actually quite a neat setup. The perimiter is fenced in for added security, there is a small pool and a large bar, and rooms in barracks style that gave the feel of a jungle lodge. The rooms while basic, were clean and comfortable, and suit the overall feel. I had no issues with the room, and when I asked for something as I headed out in the morning it was waiting in my room when I got back at night.

In the evening the action is around the pool/bar and I spent three nights chatting with the staff and some of the locals. My favorite night was when we took turns selecting the next song to be played and I introduced the young people there to Jeff Buckley. The beer was ice cold. As I was there in off season the kitchen had not opened yet, but we ordered in pizza one night, and I ate at the canteen just outside the gates two nights. The rest was in town.

If you are looking for the Hilton, this is not the place for you. But my stay worked out perfectly and was probably the best overall value I had on my two months of travel. I also stayed right on the beach in other hotels in San Pedro, and they will cost you twice as much for a basic room. For the high end hotels, you pay big city prices. If you are looking for a place to lay your head while on various day adventures, this works out perfectly. Your stuff will be safe during your time out, and you have a nice place to come back for a drink before hiting the sack.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank findingMOS

thank you for taking the time to review our hotel
I know it is difficult to take time to help others but we really do appreciate it
hopefully we will see you back in San Pedro soon!