“Great time; great guides!”

Reef Runner Glass Bottom Boat
Phoenix, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great time; great guides!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I aren't big water people. As funny as this sounds for going to a beach destination, we typically prefer to look at it, rather than be in it. Because we weren't sure about snorkeling and didn't want to leave Belize without experiencing some of the amazing sea life, we booked the glass bottom boat tour with Reef Runner. We figured we could at least see some interesting creatures that way. But once we were out at Shark Ray Alley, it all changed! It was SO cool that we decided to jump in the water and join in the fun. The guides (boat driver and snorkel guide - Manuel and Primo I believe) were fantastic! They were great with beginners and helped me to keep a cool head. I was able to wear a life preserver around my waste to help me be more comfortable. The sharks do not bite (they use suction to eat). There were tons of fish, and the water was really calm. We then made our way to Hol Chan Marine Reserve. There we saw sea turtles, coral, and all kinds of fish. I didn't enjoy this part quite as much because the current was stronger (I'm not really a water person, remember?). But it was still really cool, and I had a great time. Primo was really good about checking on each person to ensure we were doing ok, and he pointed out a lot of interesting things along the way. Highly recommend!!

Visited May 2014
Dalinda G, Manager at Reef Runner Glass Bottom Boat, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about Reef Runner Glass Bottom boat tour. We really appreciate it as it helps us to better our service to you. I am really happy you enjoyed the tour so that your visit to our beautiful country is a memorable one.

Manager

San Pedro, Belize
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good for the family, snorkeling or not”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I thought the Glass Bottom Boat would be a good introduction for my kids (8 and 10) and possibly entice them into snorkeling. They are a little nervous about sea creatures, they like them from a distance, but had never had the chance to be in the actual ocean with it's actual inhabitants. This tour was pretty much perfect. They picked us up on the dock behind our condo and off the went. We went to Hol chan, shark and ray alley and even made a stop to see a very large sea turtle. You can clearly see all the animals and the ocean floor through the glass. The kids did end up snorkeling a bit, but not on the reef. I went on the reef and our guide was great about diving down and pointing out fish and corals and things of interest. It's awesome, like being dropped in a giant aquarium. The captain then took the boat over the reef so the children could see all the corals and fish. I highly recommend this tour.

Visited February 2014
reefrunnerbelize, Manager at Reef Runner Glass Bottom Boat, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience on The Reef Runner Glass Bottom Boat. We appreciate any comments as they help us better our services. We are happy you enjoyed it and hopefully you will visit again.
Plano, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best day ever!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is truly a great experience for the whole family. I went with my parents, sister, and four year old daughter. There was also an elderly couple with us who had a blast as well! The boat ride takes you to two different areas: the first one the guide feeds chum bait to nurse sharks and sting rays, it's incredible! They're nurse sharks so they're like the puppies of the sea - and don't worry, they don't leap into the boat... Our guide swam at this point but we did not (although tempting).
The second was to Hol Chen where we snorkeled around the reef for about 20 minutes. We saw giant turtles, a spotted sting ray and so many awesome fish and coral. It's definitely worth the time and money. Remember that most excursions like this are day trips so plan to be away for several hours. The total trip took about 4 hours getting there and back.

Take some Dramamine if you're prone to sea sickness. I'm not but I still took some because looking down at the glass bottom can make you feel dizzy if you're not used to this type of thing.

Enjoy!!

Visited February 2014
reefrunnerbelize, Manager at Reef Runner Glass Bottom Boat, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your experience on the Reef Runner Glass Bottom Boat. . We appreciate your feedback as we are constantly looking to upgrade our services.
Tallahassee, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A highlight of our trip to Belize”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This outing was one of the highlights our trip to Belize in early November. I have just returned from a trip that included snorkeling off the coast of Aruba. I couldn't help but compare our experience with that on the Reef Runner in Ambergris Caye. The Reef Runner trip provided a close up look at sharks, colorful fish, sea turtles feeding below and a wide variety of coral. The Reef Runner's wonderful guide swam with us taking us to the best spots, in contrast to the sleek catamaran in Aruba that included blaring music and "guides" who handed us our snorkeling equipment and showed us where to jump in. Our Ambergris Caye trip was before tourist season picks up, so our small party had the boat and guide to ourselves. Loved it!

Visited November 2013
reefrunnerbelize, Manager at Reef Runner Glass Bottom Boat, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hi,

Just wanted to say thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the trip on the Reef Runner Glass Bottom Boat.

Regards,
Mananger
Antigua, Guatemala
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“really good fun”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I went with my brother and my Dad, (who had never snorkeled before and who has a dodgey back, it´s why we chose this trip), and it was awesome!! We saw loads through the bottom of the boat- sharks, rays and lots of fish. There are 2 stops on the trip and you have the oppertunity to snorkel at both of them, even my Dad got in and he LOVED it!!! It´s really good value for money, it´s pretty much the same price as doing just the snorkeling. I highly recommend it!!

Visited January 2014
Hi,

I just wanted to say thank you for writing a review on the Reef Runner Glass Bottom Boat. It's nice to know that you enjoyed it.

Regards,