“Great, Great, Great”

Patojo's Scuba Center
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed at the The Tides and dived Patojo. He is an great dive master. Every dive was something different. He is very good about finding and pointing out sea life. We asked if he would take us out during a rain storm and he agreed. 8 - 10' swells, but his boatmanship is superior. No issues whatsoever. He and Alex made the diving effortless. I can't say enough great things about him and his staff.

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the tides, which is owned by the same people as patojo's dive shop. Both were far better than we had ever anticipated. The tides hotel was a beautiful place by the ocean and with spacious rooms. There is wifi and they are cleaned daily. There is a pool out front and plenty of stores nearby for food. Great place to stay - especially if you came to San Pedro for diving because diving with Patojo is great. He had many different dive sites located in the reefs and you can see some amazing creatures like sharks, rays, turtles and fish. So enjoy a relaxing vacation here because we certainly did! I highly recommend the diving if you want a relaxing, calm and experienced DM to show you what Belize has to offer.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I first went diving with Patojo on my first trip to Belize back in 2000. I was impressed with him then because of his emphasis on safety and the quality of his dives. I returned in 2012 just before Thanksgiving and went with him again. His safety and quality is still there! My girlfriend is an inexperienced diver and he worked with her to make her feel comfortable on the dive. Prior to each dive we had a good briefing and small polite debrief afterwards. We brought our own masks and fins, but used his BCD's and regulators which were high quality and well maintained. He took us to some great sites that had sharks and other wildlife. His assistant Said was a fantastic young man as well. If you are new to diving or an experienced diver, Patojo is man to dive with when you are on Ambergris Caye.

1  Thank getsaround2010
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stumbled my way to Patojo's Scuba Center and knew in a matter of minuites this man was the dive guide for me. I have dived in Aus, Cook Is, Costa Rica, Mex, Jamaica, and now Belize. Patojo was the best guide I've ever had. His local knowledge and energy can't be beat.

I did 8 dives and 1 snorkel with him. All the dives where different, and offered a great overall reef experience. The Snorkel was the best I had ever done in my life and I have snorkeled in all the above locations in addition to Hawaii and southern California.

The price was right and the personal touch was there. Easy going, honest, and prompt.

Choose anyone else and your missing out on one of San Pedro's best!

And yes, I swam with a Whale Shark my first day diving in Belize! Thanks Patojo!

Shaun, Vancouver Canada

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We spent several days both snorkeling and scuba diving with Patojo's. My 5 and 7 year old snorkeled for the first time and had a great experience. The guys are great. We also dove and it was awesome. There are great dive sites less than a 5 minute boat ride from their dock. We used their equipment and it was fine. As a dive master Patojo (real mane Elmer) is awesome. He is more safety conscious than most Caribbean guides which I appreciate. He also goes out of his way to make sure everyone is on the same page and has a great time. My father who is 69 uses more air than the rest of our group so Patojo/Elmer got 100# tanks for him and one other diver who wanted one so that everyone could enjoy similar dive times. We saw reef and nurse sharks, eels, Hawk Bill & Green Sea Turtles, lobsters, as well as a ton of other wildlife. Elmer had pictures of a whale shark that they happened across on 12/4/12. I will be back and I will definitely dive again with Patojo's. As a dive master Patojo has the perfect balance of making sure everyone is comfortable and also safe. I have dove in Thailand, Tahiti, and all over the Caribbean, San Pedro and Patojo's is near the top!

1  Thank Andy L