“Amazing place for a private dinner party”
Review of Casa Picasso

Casa Picasso
Ranked #4 of 183 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Seafood, Central American, Contemporary, Fusion, South American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Casa Picasso is back! Now in our 6th season, this award winning Ambergris Caye, tapas restaurant and martini lounge is open with a menu designed by 4 Star NY TImes Chef, Hasni Ghazali and Executive Chef de Cuisine, Valencio Choc. Featuring an eclectic tapas and full menu using local and organic ingredients, unique entrees and extensive vegetarian options. Well paired wine list and distinctive martinis in an artful setting makes any occasion memorable. Tuesday - Saturday, 5:30 - 10:00 PM. Last reservation 8:45. Reservations: 226-4443 "Dine Artfully"
Canouan
“Amazing place for a private dinner party”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have reviewed Casa Picasso before and loved the food. But I had to write again because I had my private wedding dinner at Casa Picasso and it was magical. The owners and the chef worked with me on a fabulous menu for my 35 guests. We had the tables so that my new husband and I could do our first dance in the center of the room. The service was amazing. Every detail was taken care of. As a bride it was great knowing I didn't have to worry about the meal. If you are planning your wedding or special event I can't recommend Casa Picasso enough. Thank you so much to the owners Jackie and Adam and to Tien the chef for such a special event.

• Visited February 2012

roseville
“Go, go, go loved it!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

On a recommendation, we went for appetizers to Casa Picasso. While the location is off the water, the food is the best we found on ambergis. Jackie the owner is delightful and the food is amazing! We were there during lobster season so I couldn't pass up the lobster raviolis in cream sauce which were perfection. She serves tapas style so it's a great place to share. The interior has lots of art work from local artists and serves some great libations. everyone in our group gave the food and drinks five stars.
The banana fritter was incredible!

• Visited June 2012
Sacramento, California, United States
“Best in San Pedro?”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

It just might be. The only drawback was we couldn't find it the first time we looked for it since it is down a dark street in an out of the way location. We went back during the day and found it. The search was worth it. Great food, great vibe, wonderful friendly owners who had the cutest dog there to great us. We immensely enjoyed it. Hopefully we will get back to San Pedro to eat there again. Lobster Mac and cheese was fantastic as was the chicken satay and filet mignon. I'm not a drinker so I can't comment on the bar, but everything else was fab.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Jason B
, Owner at Casa Picasso, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Casa Picasso. We thoroughly enjoyed your company as did "stella". She can't stop barking about you. We hope your stay in Belize was excellent all around and that you had a safe and uneventful return flight home to Cali. We make every effort to ensure that our diners have a fabulous time and great food when they join us for dinner and again we thank you for your input on trip advisor and look forward to you dinign with us again when you return the Ambergris Caye. All the best, Jackie and Adam
Elmhurst, Illinois
“Only wish I found this gem sooner”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I visited Belize in February but this restuarant was so memorable I could not forget to write this one up.

Found Casa Picasso on my last night in Belize and only wish I found it sooner. If you want a festival of flavors (beyond the jerk seasoing style so prevalent on the island) and want a healthier meal, this is the place to go.

The prices were reasonable, the ambience funky, relaxed, and very clean. The service was fabulous, there's a nice selection of good wine and they serve inventive dishes that will make you say ahhh and yummmm.

They will pick you up and take you back in a taxi (no waiting) so don't worry about the logistics.

Don't miss this one-- go early in your trip because you will no doubt want to return there again before you leave La Isla Bonita.

• Visited February 2012
San Pedro, Belize
“Filet Mignon to die for!”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Yum, yum, yum!!!! Great place for a romantic meal on the caye. The owner's are super fabulous and the menu is phenomenal. The filet is fork tender and tastes exquisite. I would highly recommend this establishment.

• Visited December 2011