Discovery Expeditions San Pedro - Day Tours
Ranked #59 of 79 Tours in San Pedro
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Expeditions San Pedro Tours, located on the island of Ambergris is the premier connection for great underwater adventures that an entire family can enjoy. Discovery Expeditions is the only authorized tour operator in Belize for Snuba® and Sea Trek®. Snorkeling tours, diving tours and day tours to mainland attractions are also offered. Discovery Expeditions San Pedro is located on the Exotic Beach Resort pier in San Pedro Town (0.8 miles South of the San Pedro Town Center).
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

This was the only place in the area that offered Snuba! It was difficult to find, from the beach if you look for ecologic divers, they are located on the same pier but there is no sign for discovery expeditions.

The guides were very helpful! I had a difficult time adjusting to the snuba and was a little nervous about it. The guide was very helpful and patient with me while I adjusted to being farther underwater.

The tour we chose did snuba at hol Chan then snorkeling at shark ray alley. Both locations were awesome, lovely things to see at both. We ended up going to both locations again another day because we enjoyed them so much!

Reviewed November 26, 2016

This was SO much fun! Roberto was amazing, he really loves what he does. We flew from San Pedro to Belize City. Roberto met us there and drove us into the jungles. We enjoyed ziplining very much, and the staff was great!! Glenn was our 'catcher' and the whole staff that guided us through the multiple ziplines was awesome. Then Roberto took us through the caves on our rafts after a bit of a hike with the rafts. He's very knowledgeable and told us about all the wildlife we saw on our way. The caves were beautiful and very relaxing. The lunch they served was delicious and served with such care. We truly enjoyed this excursion.

Reviewed October 4, 2016 via mobile

We initially booked for Mexico Rocks but since there was only one couple on ours and one for HoChan, we were diverted to HoChan and I'm soooo glad we were. I was prepared to love snubaing, but had no idea we'd get to snorkel with sharks anf rays etc. It was unforgettable. Nick is an amazing guide, definitely make a point to get nick! I can't wait to do this again sometime!

1  Thank Jana S
Reviewed September 19, 2016 via mobile

After snuba diving I can never go snorkeling again. I am a below average swimmer and was able to dive in the ocean and see the barrier reef, sharks, stingrays and not worry about being certified or learning get all the dive techniques. This is the best for the average tourists that wants to see the ocean.

2  Thank boyd73
See more reviews
Reviewed April 11, 2016 via mobile

We did the 3 hour Snuba tour. Being new, here's my advice...

We went with another couple were traveling with. She was pretty uneasy with it but tried it out. Unfortunately we were all on one snuba float, so her getting the hang of it ate up most of our time. Definitely recommend only going in a pair, even if it costs more. Especially if you're with someone not comfortable with it. BUT the guides were amazing at helping her and calming her down.

Also, they didn't let me know I would start running out of air. Or they did and I missed that part. My own fault. But I had a little panic attack when I started losing oxygen and was 10 feet down. So just know if that happens, times up and you're heading back to the boat.

It was still worth it. Hol Chan was beautiful, tons of coral and fish, sting rays and a sea turtle. Snorkeling at shark alley was just as cool. Kind of wish we did that first, I think our friend would have been better at Snuba after that.

2  Thank Katy D