“Snuba newbee fun! ”

Discovery Expeditions San Pedro - Day Tours
Ranked #59 of 79 Tours in San Pedro
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Expeditions San Pedro Tours, located on the island of Ambergris is the premier connection for great underwater adventures that an entire family can enjoy. Discovery Expeditions is the only authorized tour operator in Belize for Snuba® and Sea Trek®. Snorkeling tours, diving tours and day tours to mainland attractions are also offered. Discovery Expeditions San Pedro is located on the Exotic Beach Resort pier in San Pedro Town (0.8 miles South of the San Pedro Town Center).
Reviewed April 11, 2016 via mobile

We did the 3 hour Snuba tour. Being new, here's my advice...

We went with another couple were traveling with. She was pretty uneasy with it but tried it out. Unfortunately we were all on one snuba float, so her getting the hang of it ate up most of our time. Definitely recommend only going in a pair, even if it costs more. Especially if you're with someone not comfortable with it. BUT the guides were amazing at helping her and calming her down.

Also, they didn't let me know I would start running out of air. Or they did and I missed that part. My own fault. But I had a little panic attack when I started losing oxygen and was 10 feet down. So just know if that happens, times up and you're heading back to the boat.

It was still worth it. Hol Chan was beautiful, tons of coral and fish, sting rays and a sea turtle. Snorkeling at shark alley was just as cool. Kind of wish we did that first, I think our friend would have been better at Snuba after that.

2  Thank Katy D

Reviewed January 14, 2016

I booked a private tour and my guide was Conrad. Simply outstanding guide. I had great time, he is a detailed person and will make sure you understand the safety briefing about 15 minutes. He was patience with me as this was my first time snuba diving. Conrad placed me smack in the center of shark ray alley. I hope iI got some great video.. Oh yes, the price 250us for two people or less. I did not want to go in a group this time for snuba.

3  Thank RAPHAEL E
Reviewed December 1, 2015

We took a day trip to the Mayan ruins and Belize Zoo from San Pedro. Discovery Expeditions was very accommodating as we decided to go at the last minute (we were trying to work around some bad weather). They took care of booking our Maya Island Air flights back to the mainland and a local tour guide. Since we were the only ones booked that day, we got the "private" tour experience.
Gareth, our tour guide, was great. He was very well informed in Belizean history and of the areas we visited. The zoo was small but very cool. You are basically walking through the rain forest seeing these animals in their natural habitats (but still in enclosures). The howler monkeys were the highlight.
We were disappointed to find out we couldn't visit the Xunantunich ruins, which is what we paid for only to find out after we made it to Belize City that it was closed due to weather. However, the guide improvised and took us to the Cahal Pech ruins in San Ignacio and we still enjoyed it. The site was small but still interesting. Again, Gareth was very well educated.
One note, the prices on the website are dated, expect to pay more.

Reviewed October 26, 2015

Discovery is one of more established tour facility that employs some of the best guides in the country. Pride and joy are always registered on their faces when tours are being conducted and they are introducing you to their beautiful home... beautiful Belize. They are quite knowledgeable and patient , accommodating as well as professional. A true remarkable experience .