“Best dive operation in Ambergris Caye.”

Hugh Parkey's Belize Dive Connection
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best dive operation in Ambergris Caye.”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Just returned from a week of diving in Ambergris Caye and I cannot say enough good things about Hugh Parkey's Dive Center at the Sunbreeze Hotel. I had been diving wthe them in 2005 from a cruise ship and the experience was so good, I sought them out when planning my Belize trip. Good choice, as they are the best. The manager, Kevin, a London expat, and his wife, Tina, greeted me on the first day, and took care of my every need. This is truly "conceirge diving" at it's finest. I never carried a tank, weight belt, BC, or regs, they were all on the boat and set up for me every day. The dive shop and dock are about 100 feet from the rooms, and the dive sites were all within 10 minutes of the dock. I was especially impressed with the way Kirk (Kurt?) the divemaster and Kevin, the manager, handled an extremely unhappy diver, although, for the life of me, I can't understand why he was unhappy. The rental gear I used all week was in great condition and reasonably priced. The boats, a 16' open boat and the 42 (48?)' "Papa Joe" were great. They only take the small boat out when they have 5 or less divers and flat seas. The crew, Divemasters Israel and Kurt (Kirk?), Captain Avi, and mate Abraham, are undoubtedly the best crew on the island. The dive sites were spectacular and teeming with life. I saw literally everything I wanted to see in the ocean and saw dolphins (porpoises) and a hammerhead shark, both of which I have never seen in 30 years of diving the Carribean. if you're goingto Ambergris Caye, USE THESE GUYS! You will not be disappointed.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank joseph m

New York
“The best on the beach”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Had great fun diving with BDC - all the staff are very welcoming and relaxed but you can always rely on them to be safe and take care of you. My 13 yr old daughter was certified by Israel and we were confident that he made sure she understood the safety issues first and foremost! He gave her his full attention while we dived with another dive master who made sure we had a good experience too. The boat captain really knows what he is doing and was always there to help us back on the boat and with our equipment.
Interval snacks are provided and you never felt hurried to start your next dive. Kevin & Tina in the office are always available to help you plan your schedule and will give you honest advice about weather conditions and dive sites.

Visited August 2011
Irving, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Professional and Fun”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Our family used Belize Dive Connection for a snorkeling trip this past Christmas. Israel and Kurt took care of our large family and made it fun and full of information too. They picked us up right on the dock where we were staying and took us to Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley. Both stops were wonderful. As snorkeling guides, Israel and Kurt knew all the history of the area and pointed out all the interesting sea life as we snorkeled. Add the delicious fruit and chips and salsa and it was a perfect day on the water. We felt safe with these experienced divers and also had a great time.

Visited December 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great Dive Operators - loved our trip”
Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

From the boats to the dive masters, all wonderful. Israel, Kurt, Ramon, Capt. Avi, are all knowledgable, safe, friendly, and showed us the sites. The whole team was willing to work with our schedule and managed the dive/weather options well. Heartily recommend this group.

Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Diving Experience-Highly Recommend”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Every year our family of 12 divers go to a new dive destination. Prior to going to Ambergris Caye I did research and got a recommendation from our last years destination in Roatan,They recommended Hugh Parkey's. I contact Kevin and everything from the email correspondence, pricing, scheduling, picking us up at our dock, and especially the diving was fantastic. We really enjoyed the dive masters and boat captains and they went out of their way to make sure we had a great experience. From the local diving to our day trip to the Blue Hole (3 dives this day! and highly recommend it), it was a blast. Thank you to the dive masters, Kirk, Patrick, Jerome and Israel!!!! Great memories and hope to see you again!

Visited March 2012