“Great Food”
Review of Caroline's Cookin'

Caroline's Cookin'
Ranked #14 of 191 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Barbecue, International, Central American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Caroline's Cookin' serves international fare all made from scratch. We are located on Coconut Drive right across the street from the San Pedro Airport next to the Sunbreeze Hotel. For breakfast our popular items are homemade pancakes and the island favorite huevos rancheros. For Lunch our popular items are fresh fish tacos which you could get mild, medium or spicy. Then for dinner our three favorite dishes are chicken, pork, fresh fish, shrimp, conch, and lobster served with your choice of curry, Jerk or Caribbean sauces with your choice of 2 out of our 9 delicious homemade side dishes. We look forward to having you come and visit! At Caroline's our customers are considered as family!
Reviewed August 19, 2014

After several tries I finally hit Carolines for two meals. First was lunch. I had the Belizian Stewed Chicken. Wonderful. Great flavors, tender chicken. Taht night I headed back for dinner and had the real treat. Jerked fish. First they ask how spicy - hot for me. Then they returned with a plate heaped with tender fish cooked in a jerk sauce. Wow, it was fantastic.

The restaurant is very nice. The girl who serves is the owners niece and is very sweet and very attentive. Its not fancy but its good. And it is very reasonably priced.

A winner in my book.

2  Thank DocGeni
There are newer reviews for Caroline's Cookin'

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I ate lunch there and the girl who greeted and seated me looked about 12 years old- which is fine- she was friendly and appeared to be under the supervision of her mother- I assume- the food was simple and tasty at a reasonable price- the atmosphere was local- a good choice for local food- not gourmet or trendy- I had fish

1  Thank surferboyVA
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Caroline is a hoot! The drinks menu is limited - but all of the drinks are great! All meals are made by hand when you order - nothing is made ahead of time. The coconut shrimp was fantastic! Also a great place to stop by when you are waiting for your plane to take off. Well worth the time to stop!

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Caroline and her daughter were super friendly when we had dinner here one night. Drinks were cheap and the jerk chicken I ordered was the best thing I ate during our whole trip. Wish we had time to come back.

3  Thank bsully36
Reviewed August 11, 2014

If you're looking for less expensive meals in San Pedro, knock yourself out. Folks in our group have eaten meals at several different places in San Pedro, and I haven't heard a complaint about any of the eateries. Our group of sixteen ate at Caroline's this evening... there were only compliments and kudos for Caroline and her small staff of two. My shrimp scampi was excellent and, finally, I was served a real salad.

The meals at our resort are quite good, but a tad pricier than Caroline's. Caroline herself adds a little spice to the dining experience. Between Caroline's and The Hurricane one can enjoy many fine Belize dishes.

I rated the "atmosphere" excellent... after all, we're in San Pedro, Belize, not in some comfortable, aseptic neighborhoods we're too used to frequenting.

2  Thank Robert H