“Great breakfast & THE Best Coffee!”
Review of Cafe Cubano - CLOSED

Cafe Cubano
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I love Cuban Coffee so when I stumbled upon this little gem I was in heaven. Once I tasted their coffee I was hooked & came back every morning for the large coffee with milk. Each cup is brewed to order Cuban style for $4.00 USD it's about the same as Starbucks. I enquired about purchasing some of the Cubita Coffee & the owners (husband & wife) told me they travel to Cuba 4x's a year a bring the coffee back & couldn't be bought on the island. The fry jacks & runny bean dip is a great complement to the coffee. I enjoyed the view sitting at the outside bar as well as the iguanas living under the porch.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We really liked the strong Cuban coffee here. Definitely had refills! Breakfast was ok, we thought a bit more $$ than some other places. My wife enjoyed her's a lot. I had just the pancakes - which I thought were average. Nice place to sit, relax and watch what's going on in the square.

Unlike some others, we thought the resident iguana was cute and made for great photo ops....

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Nice place to sip coffee and watch the people in the square. Fun to read the health food signs and see Cuban art. We were there on Garifuna Day and would recommend taking that in if you are there in November...celebrates the wreck of a slave ship and the survival of the slaves with the help of the locals of Mayan extraction.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I like strong coffee but my wife's coffee (americano/regular coffee) was way too strong. My espresso had no creme on top but had good flavour. Neither was really a problem but the lady barista who served us was grumpy, in a hurry and did not listen to my questions. She spoke over the top of me while I was asking a question and took off before I could finish.
I have had good espresso here before when the owner is present. He is a nice guy, very friendly and good service.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Felt like we were interrupting the server/owner's? morning. Prepare to listen to elevator music on top of DJ modern music from the park on top of vehicles. Was over priced for decor. Bathroom was filthy.