“Very positive experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Belize Magical Adventures

Belize Magical Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: David Thomas Cal found the need of creating a dive center to accommodate diving at an affordable cost and high level standards while maintaining an emphasis on the fun in diving. BMA originally opened it’s doors in 2008 as Belize Down Under and then later in 2011 became San Pedro Mystical Adventures. In mid 2015 we found the need of making our adventures more magical yet keeping the mystical spiri
Bozeman, Montana, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very positive experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had a wonderful time with Argyle and his crew! They were very accommodating and we had the best dive experience ever! There were four of us in our group. We had two dive masters, two to one ratio! We dove for two or three days, several awesome dives at a great price. They took us to the best places and we had individual attention. I felt so safe and valued. They were attentive to every request and we could not have asked for a better experience. I read one bad review and it really bummed me out. Some people just can't make the best of things!

Visited October 2011

Venetia, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Mystical Adventure: Spear fishing, snorkeling and lobster lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

They've changed their name from Belize down Under to Mystical Adventure.

Highest recommendation!

Mystical Adventure is located on the beach, just a few steps north of Ramon's. David helped me arrange an action packed day, for my family of 6 (children ages 13,15,17,19) that had something for everyone.

We started at 7:00 AM with spear fishing and fishing with traditional fishing poles about 3 mile out from shore. David stayed on board and helped "the girls" with traditional fishing. From the minute we anchored he worked non-stop baiting lines, and throwing fish in the cooler. We each caught a load of fish. Some were caught and release, some used as bait, and others saved for lunch. We had a blast! While we were fishing on board, Shamier took my husband and "the boys" out spear fishing. They had never spear fished let alone snorkeled. Shamier had everyone spearing fish. My son was also able to spear a LOBSTER! After about a couple of hours we went out to Shark Ray Alley.

Shark Ray Alley is part of a 24 square mile preserve in the open ocean. As David guided us snorkeling, Shamier began cleaning the fish. The fish remains brought all the nurse sharks, rays, and other tropical fish our way. It was amazing! There were so many species of tropical fish! We were surrounded. Tourists from other boated gathered around as well. Other boats had as many as 40 people on board. We were so happy to have booked a private tour with David of Mystical Adventure.

Next we went to Hol Chen, a different section of the same preserve. Here we saw sea turtle, tropical fish and a plethora of sea coral. Here we were strictly advised not to touch anything as the coral reef is a very fragile ecosystem.

After snorkeling we went ashore at a nearby park and grilled our catch of the day. As David worked the grill, Shamirer showed my sons how to crack coconut found on a nearby tree. Lunch consisted of rum punch, fresh salsa/chips, rice and bean, several lobsters, many fish, freshly sliced pineapple and rum punch. YUM!

We headed out for more snorkeling, then called it a day after about 8 hours.

So, for less than $450, 6 people went on a PRIVATE full day tour including all gear (snorkels, masks, flippers, fishing poles and spears), fishing, spear fishing, snorkeling at 2 reserves at no additional entrance fee, lobster/fish lunch with all of the extras. YOU CAN'T ASK FOR A BETTER VALUE.

David and Shamier were very patient with teaching us the ins and outs of fishing/snorkeling. They were generous, kind, hard working AND FUN TO BE WITH!

You can't go wrong with Mystical Tours.

Visited July 2012
9 Thank LSseetheworld
various
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“San Pedro Mystical Adventures Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

I wandered by Mystical Adventures on the first day we arrived in San Pedro. This fellow was sitting there and looking friendly so I asked him about doing a combination of fishing and snorkeling. We chatted and he gave me the price list. Two days later - and after checking out some fancier looking dive shops - I went back and booked. That proved to be a perfect decision. That same friendly fellow, Mark, took us out to Mexican Rocks for snorkeling and then to a couple of spots near the reef for fishing. We caught lots of fish - mostly snapper - and then went back. On the way, Mark asked if we wanted to join him on shore to eat the fish. He suggested we get a few veggies and he'd do the rest. Back at the shop, David (his boss) joined in and added some stuff and Mark cleaned the fish and prepared over a barbecue a special Belize dish. We were joined by another visitor and sitting along the Caribbean shore ate our fresh fish as evening fell. We talked and told stories and it was just wonderful.

I'm not sure that everyone gets the meal at the end but David and Mark were friendly and great examples of Belizean hospitality. It should be noted that they have recently changed the name from Belize Down Under to San Pedro Mystical Tours.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank RetiredDude
Fairview, TN
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Belize Down Under Thinks Outside The Box For Families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

We recently visited family in Belize City, Belize and returned to San Pedor or Ambergris Caye after several years. What used to be $25 US was now $75 to $100 US except for Belize Down Under Dive Tours and Fishing Guide. Located only 35 yards down the beach from our beautiful cabana at Ramons Village Resort, David and his crew were ready to serve us at our whim and at a more than reasonable price.

For example, my wife, her brother, our 3 children (7,5, and 3), and myself all snorkeled Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley for $25 US per person including gear. I could tell right away David had dealt with families with small children before, as he was prepared in regards to safety equipment, snorekling gear, and what might possibly happen (sleepy or unwilling children). I have snorkeled Hol Chan many times before, so when my 3 yr old decided 30 minutes in to the dive that she had enough, I was more than willing to tote her back to our boat and let the rest of the family enjoy. If I was on a large charter, things would not have gone so smoothly. David has a rich knowledge of the marine reserve and is not afraid to share this with his friends (clients).

I decided I would like to take my 7 yr old on a fishing trip the next day. If you've ever taken a child fishing, there are two rules you always follow. 1. You have to catch fish 2. When the child is tired, you better be ready to head back. David again took us out. The gear was in good condition, the boat was clean and comfortable, but the seas were rough. It was a quick ride to our first spot. In less than a minute, bait was cut and on the hook. One minute later, Fish On! Several times both me and my son had fish on at the same time. Twenty or Thirty or who knows really how many fish later, my son was tired, his hands and forearms hurt and he was ready to head for shore. The entire trip lasted an hour and a half and we paid $50. I reviewed several other fishing charters online prior to our trip and the best option I found was a half day (9-12) for $250. I'd say we got a tremendous deal. He even offered to grill our fresh catch right on shore as we returned, however, my wife had already made other lunch plans :( Next time though for sure.

If you are a type A personality and you want everything to be just SO, this is not the charter for you. However, if you can switch your watch to island time and you want someone who truly care about you as a person and will work with your unique circumstances, this is the way to go!

David at Belize Down Under, Thanks for the amazing trips! We will be back year after year after year. Unlike everything else that has changed on the Caye over the years, David, his prices, and his service definitely have not. 10 stars! Family friendly. Culturally relevant. Safe and Responsible.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank BiffMar
Kew Gardens, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Diving Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

I discovered Belize Down Under while walking along the beach to my hotel. I signed up and had an awesome diving experience with David Cal, the captain, dive master, and one of the owners. No one else signed up for the dive, so I essentially had a private dive for the same rate as a group dive. David was extremely competent and made me feel very comfortable having him as a guide. We wandered through underwater canyons and even a short tunnel in very clear waters. Where David took us, there were, of course, lots of fish, coral, and plant life, but he also accommodated me for the things I was most interested in: rays, sea turtles, and sharks. He apparently will happily modify the diving experience in accordance with the wishes of the divers. Additionally, although I’m a fairly experienced diver, he found and pointed out some hidden denizens of the deep that I missed, such as moray eels, lobsters, and crabs. He was very ecologically aware, and discussed in advance the rules of no-touching anything! A very high point of our dive was that David took pictures of our adventure and emailed the pictures to me. Since the pictures include me, it’s something I couldn’t do for myself and the pictures turned out to be really good. There was no charge for these pictures. The dives included all the equipment, water park fees, and a shorty wet suit at an EXTREMELY good price compared to other dives I took at San Pedro. (The dive I took the day before I found Belize Down Under was virtually double the price.)

I liked diving so much with Belize Down Under that my wife and I went on one of the snorkeling dives they offer. (The place I used the first day was much more expensive for snorkeling trips also.) We were lucky enough to have David as our guide again. My wife and I were very impressed that he continuously found and pointed out and named each type of fish we saw, pointed out schools, all sorts of marine life, and patiently answered any of our questions.

I highly recommend Belize Down Under, especially if you can get David as your guide. I don’t know if the other guides are as good, but I can say that David was wonderful. Belize Down Under is a fairly young enterprise and is not as large or as well established as most of the other dive shops. But, if you want a personalized, fun filled, and fulfilling diving experience, I unhesitatingly recommend this place and will dive with them again when I return.

Visited November 2011