“Best Restaurant on Island”
Review of Elvi's Kitchen

Elvi's Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 203 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I ate here on our last evening. The Mayan buffet was fabulous. The dining room with the sand floor was fun. The service was excellent. The seafood bisque was amazing, and we both loved the shrimp tacos. I wish we had eaten here more than once.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,097)

Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I ate dinner at Elvi's and it was the best meal that I had during our vacation. The restaurant is really neat and has a tree growing up in the middle of it. They also had live music (acoustic guitar) playing on a Thursday night, so that added to the experience. We both had the seafood platter special (grilled fish, calamari, conch, oysters, clams, and a crab claw with fruit salsa and coconut rice) and it was absolutely fantastic. We split a bottle of wine and the tab was $115US. The seafood platter was one of the most expensive meals on the menu so don't be put off by the price. Most of the options were much cheaper and I would guess that the quality was just as good. We spent more at other restaurants and didn't have a better meal than what we got at Elvi's. Go and enjoy!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We went here three times during our stay. We loved the crab! The servers were all very friendly. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We have been to San Pedro twice and have eaten at Elvi's twice. Both times the food there one of the best meals we had while in Belize. The curry chicken and the pasta we had were excellent. I would highly recommend a visit for dinner while in San Pedro.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We went for lunch and I had the Mayan Tacos. They were good, small (4" dia) corn tortillas with chicken marinated in a really good spice mixture, and covered with some kind of red cabbage relish. I had "lime juice", which was their home made version of limeade, which was wonderful. No A/C - just open dining, so a bit hot on the day we went. It was pretty good, but not the best lunch place we visited in San Pedro.