“Try the curry”

Elvi's Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 191 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had the mixed grill for an appetizer, and it was a huge serving of freshly grilled shrimp, lobster, conch, snapper, and crab, and it was very good.

We each had the curry, and it was special, nicely sauced with all the right flavors, and the atmosphere was delightful, with a jazz guitar and the streetscape as the perfect cafe styled backdrop. Great service too.

There are newer reviews for Elvi's Kitchen

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We ate at Elvi's twice during this recent trip and we were returning customers from previous visits.

Here are the highlights:
The staff is always friendly! Thats the case throughout BZ.
The Stone Crab Claws are delicious and the portions are very generous for the price. At $66BZD they are not cheap, but if you've ever eaten them at Shula's or Ruth's Chris you know that they charge that much for one large claw. My wife got four XL sized claws for that and love them!
The blackened shrimp tacos were also outstanding.
The ceviche is delicious.
The mexican chicken tortilla soup is outstanding!
The fried chicken is done flawlessly with a moist and tender interior and a nicely seasoned batter that is not too heavy. After having developed traveler's diarrhea from eating too much street food, I needed something hearty and plain our last night, and the soup, fired chicken, and baked potato were the perfect accompaniment to my Cipro and Pepto!
The only thing we didn't really care for was the black bean dip, and even it was fine, just not great.

We went to Elvi's looking for traditional fare and were very happy with what we found.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Nice place to cool off during a day in San Pedro town. Conveniently located. Spacious, clean. Pleasant atmosphere. Great conch chowder and ceviche. We also enjoyed fish tacos. Servers are always pleasant and efficient. Elvi's can accommodate large groups. We have enjoyed Elvi's for both lunch and dinner. We are "regulars" during our annual trips to San Pedro in Oct-Nov.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have not been at Elvi's Kitchen in many years, and accidentally we decided to try it again. I was shocked by how much faster the service was compared to any other establishment in San Pedro (or US for that matter) and the food was absolutely delicious, the waiter very peasant and attentive. They have a Fri Mayan buffet that we missed but sounds like a great value especially for guacamole lovers.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Tried this place based on recommendations and reviews. The food is good, but it wasn't the best seafood I've ever had in my life - didn't taste any fresher than what I usually have at home, which I thought was odd considering that their seafood is literally from RIGHT THERE in the ocean. Also thought the food was overpriced, again considering that their seafood is from RIGHT THERE - I'd expect prices to be a cheaper than what they were (I paid $17 USD for a snapper stew). The employees are all very friendly. This is probably the "fanciest" place in San Pedro, but "fancy" in Belize is really not fancy at all. Normal garb that I saw there was shorts and a regular shirt. Also, the floor is sand, which was a bit weird considering that Elvi's is on the middle street and not right by the beach, and also that Elvi's has that dark lighting (romantic ambience) thing going on.